UKC

PayPal and Rockfax

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 05 Sep 2016
Is the only way to preorder the new Chamonix guide to create PayPal account? I'm not keen on the idea but even after entering my card details it still insisted I setup an account
In reply to Tyler:

> Is the only way to preorder the new Chamonix guide to create PayPal account? I'm not keen on the idea but even after entering my card details it still insisted I setup an account

This shouldn't be the case. I get the option of 'Check Out as Guest' which allows you to just use a credit card.

I know this can appear differently on a smartphone though so maybe try on your PC or laptop to get the browser version.

Alternatively, if you email shop [at] rockfax.com we can send you an invoice that should give you the option to pay via card without a Paypal account.

Alan

Alan
 Martin Haworth 07 Sep 2016
In reply to Tyler:

I had problems as well, but Rockfax picked up the issue and sent me an invoice which I could pay by card without further problems.
Looking forward to reading the new guide and planning next years holiday.
In reply to Martin Haworth:

> I had problems as well, but Rockfax picked up the issue and sent me an invoice which I could pay by card without further problems.

Yes, the Paypal system is far from ideal. We are looking at using Stripe but it is quite a major change so will be a while.

Alan
 john_mx 07 Sep 2016
In reply to Tyler:

I love PayPal, I always prefer online stores who accept PayPal and to me if they don't it kind of puts me off.
In reply to john_mx:

> I love PayPal, I always prefer online stores who accept PayPal and to me if they don't it kind of puts me off.

It is an easy system to work with but we get a lot of rejected sales for no apparent reason which then work when we issue an invoice. Also, the question Tyler came up with is a common one for us since it isn't obvious where to pay by card without registering on some of the screens Paypal presents.

Alan
 Simon Caldwell 08 Sep 2016
In reply to john_mx:

It always used to be the case that paying by Paypal didn;t give the same protection as paying direct by credit card - the cover only applied to problems with Paypal themselves, if the company you're buying from goes bust or fails to deliver then you got nothing. On the assumption that this is still true I always avoid paypal unless there's no alternative. But perhaps things have changed and I've not noticed.
OP Tyler 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Tyler:

Thanks all, as happened to Martin the Rockfax elves at the back of the system caught my request and contacted me directly. One guide book I'll never use is now ordered
 john_mx 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Yes I have had stuff not turn up or come broken and PayPal have refunded pritty much straight away I think it's really good once you have it.
 john_mx 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I only know it from a buyers point of view not sold anything through my PayPal, it dose have a great ease of use as a buyer
 r0b 08 Sep 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

You only get protection on credit cards for purchases over £100, and yes you lose this protection if you purchase via PayPal. But for anything under £100 it's not going to make any difference.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/PayPal-Section75
 Simon Caldwell 08 Sep 2016
In reply to r0b:

Thanks. That's probably what I was thinking of, and applying it to all purchase rather than just expensive ones.
In reply to Tyler:

Elves...

Glad the invoice worked for you and hope you enjoy the guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...