UKC

Nine Edges again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gribble 07 Sep 2016
Hi all.
Anyone doing it again this year? Weather is looking dubious, so the climb at Derwent Edge could be interesting. As always, cheese will be on supply to any happy finshers.
 BusyLizzie 07 Sep 2016
In reply to gribble:
I walked it last year, in pouring rain, and it was lovely - I can't do it this year, sadly, because of other commitments. Another year...
OP gribble 08 Sep 2016
In reply to gribble:

Oh goody - the weather is now looking much more optimistic. I was always under the impression that there were a fair few UKC types who do the Nine Edges, but I guess it's now been dominated by the runners.
 Marcus B 08 Sep 2016
In reply to gribble:

I'm doing it but running.
 Simon Caldwell 09 Sep 2016
In reply to gribble:

I did the first 2 or 3 but they changed the dates so it always clashed with the RAB. It's changed again since and only clashes sometimes, but it's kind of fallen off my radar. Maybe next year...
 drolex 09 Sep 2016
In reply to gribble:

Going for it for the third time, supposeddly running+climbing, will probably end up running when downhill not too fast and sitting on rocks to eat cheese. Great stuff anyway, I really like the climbing concept - we need more of these.
 Graeme Hammond 09 Sep 2016
In reply to gribble:

Have entered this year which will be my first time doing an event like this and the furthest by some way I have walked (am also climbing) since a climbing accident in 2013 so expect this to cause me some serious discomfort.

Anyway here is a shameless plug as we are raising a bit of money for Edale Mountain Rescue if anyone would like to support the great work they do for many people.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/BigWalkForEdaleMRT
OP gribble 09 Sep 2016
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Good effort! Steady pace uphill, simple grade climbs and eat the jelly babies! I'm sure it will all work well. See you at the end...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...