UKC

Ferries from Kos to Kalymos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chalk bunny 07 Sep 2016
Hi,

I can see a similar post from August. I have booked a flight arriving on the 8th October arriving around 9.20pm. I have check the ferry websites can only see either a once a week service, or a service in the very early hours or midmorning. I have read other sources of information that suggests there are regular crossings. Can anyone confirm this; am I looking at an overnight stay in Kos and if so can anyone provide a good suggestion on where to stay (clean, comfortable and safe).

Thanks CB

Dandan 07 Sep 2016
In reply to chalk bunny:

October is prime climbing season so I can almost guarantee the ferry will be running from Kos until after your flight gets in, obviously it's no guarantee but I wouldn't be worried about it.
 GridNorth 07 Sep 2016
In reply to chalk bunny:

As a rule the ferry waits for the last flight. I often arrive on Kalymnos after 11PM after catching the 15:10 flight from Gatwick.

Al
 kipper12 08 Sep 2016
In reply to chalk bunny:
Or go for plan B, book one night on Kos, such as Ilos and Irene, and get the first ferry across in the morning. Done that for the last 2-years, and it works well.
 Josh Lewis 08 Sep 2016
In reply to chalk bunny:

We opted for plan b last year (our first trip to Kalymnos) and wished we had jumped on the last ferry with everyone else instead - just to get all the travel out the way in one day. This year we will also be flying out on 8th October and will head straight to the ferry port for the last ferry.
OP chalk bunny 14 Sep 2016
In reply to Josh Lewis:

I think I am going to be doing this, i am on the last plane in too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...