UKC

DIGITAL FEATURE: A Range of Revelations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 12 Sep 2016
Ben Silvestre Montage, 2 kbIn March 2015, Ben flew to Alaska with his long time climbing partner Pete Graham. Their objective was in the Revelation Mountains, 100 miles south of Denali.

Read more
Ysgo 12 Sep 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

Just a quick note re the editing. On the second page, the text on the right, the top bit is hidden behind the top banner. Don't know if it's just my screen, but it's not sized properly.

Otherwise it's brilliant piece. Love Ben's writing.
In reply to Ysgo:
Ah ok, you must be viewing on a very small desktop/laptop screen? I'll try and get that sorted out.
Post edited at 12:44
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

I let Nick know I was having the same problem - it was solved for me by zooming out from 100% to 75% in Google Chrome.

Great feature - Ben is a really talented writer and climber and this was very honest. Nick is defo worth his wage!
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

Thanks Duncan. Just had a chat with Nick who is sorting it out. Must be a few folks seeing that issue I guess.
 bensilvestre 12 Sep 2016

Many thanks to Nick for his hard work putting this feature together, and for editing the endless footage of me and Pete talking crap in AK into something coherent. For those interested the writing was taken from a longer piece which I've just published on my blog:

https://bensilvestreclimbs.wordpress.com/2016/09/10/in-memory-of-a-humble-f...
In reply to bensilvestre:
Flipping heck Ben, Part III is an absolutely brilliant bit of writing! I will refer back to this in future to try and help me learn as you have.

(Parts I + II are good as well but I really struggle with poetry for some reason. Not sure why but it doesn't work for me and I struggle to get the meaning over the structure)
Post edited at 16:46
 bensilvestre 12 Sep 2016
In reply to Duncan Campbell:

Cheers Dunc, yes I totally understand the poetry thing, I myself find it hard to get on with most poetry, and can only get into a very small amount of it. But sometimes the structure and order of the words creates an impression of something greater than logical understanding, a sort of deeply felt empathy I guess. Either way, sometimes it comes more naturally to me, sometimes no. I would like to do more comprehensive pieces of writing as I did in this blog, which include both to create a whole.
 Ramon Marin 14 Sep 2016

Brilliant writing Ben, true talent
 Robert Durran 14 Sep 2016

Really loved the video bits but baffled by the "legion" stuff!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...