UKC

Likes and Dislikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 13 Sep 2016
Anyone noticed that this facility is not available on the Cameron thread?

How refreshing. People are having to give opinions instead!
 FesteringSore 13 Sep 2016
In reply to Trangia:

> . People are having to give opinions instead!

And most of them are quite vile and childish. I don't particularly like Cameron but some of the comments on here say more about the pathetic mindset of most of the members of this forum as they sink towards the puerile mentality that I usually associate with the Daily Mirror and other gutter tabloids.
OP Trangia 13 Sep 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

Perhaps it's because the children have lost the ability to debate (if they ever had it).

Maybe, after all, likes and dislikes are more suitable for playground abuse!!
In reply to Trangia:

Likes/Dislikes are disabled for any thread with RIP in the title.
 Postmanpat 13 Sep 2016

> And most of them are quite vile and childish. I don't particularly like Cameron but some of the comments on here say more about the pathetic mindset of most of the members of this forum as they sink towards the puerile mentality that I usually associate with the Daily Mirror and other gutter tabloids.

It seemed to be a "day of hate" day for the usual suspects yesterday. A bit depressing.
 Timmd 13 Sep 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
> Likes/Dislikes are disabled for any thread with RIP in the title.

I thought so. That seems like a good policy.
Post edited at 13:27
 Dave Garnett 13 Sep 2016

So if we don't want dislikes all we have to do is include RIP in the thread title?
abseil 13 Sep 2016

That's my Rip Van Winkle thread down the drain then.
In reply to Trangia:
Not the version that I view! The OP, felt, who made the Cameron thread has so far 5 likes, Big Ger has 3 dislikes, and I have both buttons if I wanted to click on any of the posts! Since others have some likes and dislikes already, so others must still have access to them also?

Maybe you have been specially selected by UKC not to be allowed to have access to them?!
 Timmd 13 Sep 2016
In reply to Trangia:
A Dislike is the cyber version of saying 'so ner' without any context being given.

So ner
Post edited at 21:21
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

> Maybe you have been specially selected by UKC not to be allowed to have access to them?!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=649625&v=1#x8389627

Yes I noticed. Sorry, it was meant to be tongue in cheek for Trangia.
 The New NickB 14 Sep 2016
> And most of them are quite vile and childish. I don't particularly like Cameron but some of the comments on here say more about the pathetic mindset of most of the members of this forum as they sink towards the puerile mentality that I usually associate with the Daily Mirror and other gutter tabloids.

Interesting comments, given that what most people on that thread are doing is having a little fun in relation to the unsubstantiated allegations serialised in your gutter tabloid of choice, the Daily Mail.
Post edited at 15:15

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...