/ Garmin to Strava

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
goldmember - on 13 Sep 2016
Currently I use an the stick and my pc to transfer my runs from my watch to my phone.

I have an Samsung S5 when has some ANT+ functionality, I'm away from my pc next week but would still like to upload my runs to Strava, is there a way i can do this without my pc?
DundeeDave - on 13 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:

You can link your Strava account to your Garmin Connect account so Strava automatically adds any activities you upload to Garmin Connect.

My Garmin watch will bluetooth connect to my phone and via that automatically upload to Garmin Connect.

Hope that helps.

David
ultrabumbly on 13 Sep 2016
In reply to DundeeDave:

I've had very limited success syncing watch with Connect Mobile over 3/4g but it's always fine when wifi is available.
yorkshireman - on 13 Sep 2016
In reply to ultrabumbly:

> I've had very limited success syncing watch with Connect Mobile over 3/4g but it's always fine when wifi is available.

The watch/phone connection is via Bluetooth. However it needs a connection to Garmin connect to upload. Its a bit silly that the app can't store the sync until it has a connection.
In reply to goldmember:

my watch a 310xt is quite old and doesn't have bluetooth or internet. shame there is transfer runs to do with ant+
DancingOnRock - on 13 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:
ant+ is Bluetooth.

Have you installed the Garmin connect app on your Samsung? It should just sync.
Post edited at 15:08
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Just got the app. 310xt isn't bluetooth enabled. App says to sync with computer. Nightmare
crisp - on 13 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:
Try the Sportablet app, very good for tablets (you may need a OEG USB lead to connect your device). Works well with my Samsung tablet and forerunner 10 and edge 305
Post edited at 17:42
Dauphin on 13 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:
There is a programme to do just this. I have a mate with a 310xt and a Samsung S5, apparently there is a problem with the s5 and the 310xt which this small bit of software overcomes. I'll find out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carlopescio.uploader

D
Post edited at 20:38
mav - on 14 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:
both crisp and dauphin are recommending the same app - which I'll also recommend. Once it's up and running, it's really good, though you have to pay for the app on 2nd upload. things to be aware of - it works by downloading every run/bike etc on your garmin, then you can send activities individually to garmin (or strava, edomondo etc). Best to switch off wifi and Bluetooth when connecting with the garmin. And obviously, the first time you connect, it will take a while if you have a big history on the garmin.

Oh - you may need the ANT+ radio app from play to make it work.
Post edited at 10:10
ads.ukclimbing.com
peter-l - on 16 Sep 2016
In reply to mav:

I use

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quantrity.ant2net_pro

to sync between my Garmin 610 and Garmin Connect using my Galaxy S4....it works really well and appears to link to Strava too.

Costs 2.20 but was well worth it.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.