UKC

Well done Paralympians!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MonkeyPuzzle 19 Sep 2016
They've secured Great Britain's place in second on the medal table. Honestly, after 2012 being such a success on home soil, I didn't expect 'us' to do so well in both the Olympics and Paralympics - I even felt some kind of flutter in my stomach, which absolutely couldn't be patriotism I'm sure, but it felt a bit like what I imagine that feels like!

Really inspiring stuff.
 The New NickB 19 Sep 2016
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

I think I may of actually watched more of the Paralympics than the Olympics. I'm a fan of both, but the lack of interest in Paralympic sport by US media meant that the scheduling of events was somewhat more sympathetic to me having to get up in the morning and go to work.
 Babika 19 Sep 2016
In reply to The New NickB:

I was glued to the Paralympics (and the Last Leg) every night, it was brilliant I'll miss it all now.

And, as you say, the lack of stuff on at 2.30am meant a reasonable nights sleep as well.
 mountainbagger 19 Sep 2016
In reply to The New NickB:

Yes, I agree. Also, now I'm getting to know all the personalities in all the disciplines and understanding more about rules/classifications, I'm finding myself just as (or more) excited about the Paralympics. Some of the races/events were really fantastic. A big surprise for me (because I have been known to find regular and wheelchair tennis a bit dull) was how much I enjoyed the wheelchair tennis men's doubles final...and Team GB didn't even win that one!
 mountainbagger 19 Sep 2016
In reply to Babika:

> I was glued to the Paralympics (and the Last Leg) every night, it was brilliant I'll miss it all now.

Yeah, I really liked the Last Leg and also Clare Balding. There was one evening where things got really serious (the Iranian cyclist had died that day and there was a discussion on assisted dying/management of pain) and I thought she (and others) did amazingly well to navigate through that section.
 The New NickB 19 Sep 2016
In reply to mountainbagger:

I generally find swimming pretty boring to watch, but the way the classification matched together athletes with different kinds of disability, but similar levels of physical impairment, made some of the races fascinating.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...