/ Decathlon technical rock shoe thoughts?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
badmarmot - on 21 Sep 2016
Hi

just seen that Decathlon have started doing what looks like a technical rock shoe with vibram xs grip rubber for 65 its called the edge,

just wondered if anyone has experience of these and looking for thoughts and reviews

many thanks
Mr Moac on 21 Sep 2016
In reply to badmarmot:

Hi I've been climbing in a pair for a month or so. They are excellent, no different from my catana lace ups. Same lacing system, same rubber. Good on smears, edging and in every way so far. I went for my every day shoe size, started out a tight fit but are starting to stretch I can see them becoming a good comfortable fit. I go 1,1/2 - 2 sizes down in sportivas. So excellent boots at half the price wots not to like.
deacondeacon - on 21 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Moac:

Just clicked on your profile and couldn't believe it when I saw your profile picture. When I was 7 (30 years ago) I learnt to snorkel on that beach and probably haven't thought of that place for almost my whole life.

Sorry I posted in the thread but you have comments turned off on your profile
NaCl - on 21 Sep 2016
In reply to badmarmot:

I've been using a pair for about 6 months and really rate them. I used to use miura Vs's for everything but since buying these have kept the Vs's for my attack shoes and the Edges for everything else. Tbh I think the edges are probably nearly as good as the Miuras. Well worth the money.
Mr Moac on 21 Sep 2016
In reply to deacondeacon:
Yes it's a great beach if you can find it, some good boulder prob's and as you say a good place to snorkel. Secret beach between Skala and Poros but it's not where Google earth says it is. I prefer the Edge over my Miura's VS's which Iv'e several pairs of.
Happy climbing
Mr. M.

P.S. That photo is about 12 years old
Post edited at 23:25
badmarmot - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to badmarmot:

Hi all

Thanks for your feed back, I was thinking of going for the Miura next boot change, guess at that price I will make the journey to try a set on.

Many thanks again
nakedave - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to NaCl:

How do you find the size compares with the muira vs?
Mr Moac on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to nakedave:

Forget Muira sizes. I take a 39.1/2 or 40 in VS, couldn't get in the edge at those sizes. Normal street shoe size is a good tight fit just like a pair of new VS's, starting to give a bit after a month not as painful now.

Mr M.
Wsdconst - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Moac:

Just a quick question, how would you rate them on the climbing shoe scale of pain ?
Mr Moac on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Wsdconst:

Scale of pain? I would say as painful as a new pair of Muria VS's. Should have said street shoe size is 42. Scale of pain, is a good name for a route.
NaCl - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to nakedave:

I wear 9.5 in streets shoes but wear a 7.5/41 in the VS's and the I think I went 8.5/43 in the edges. The edges get used as mileage and trad shoes and were pretty comfy from the day they arrived. They're all good for all day trad and multipitch I find. The VS's require some breaking in - both of my feet and the shoes.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Wsdconst - on 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Moac:

> Scale of pain? I would say as painful as a new pair of Muria VS's. Should have said street shoe size is 42. Scale of pain, is a good name for a route.

Cheers, and if you put up any new routes feel free to use the name

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.