UKC

Decathlon technical rock shoe thoughts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi

just seen that Decathlon have started doing what looks like a technical rock shoe with vibram xs grip rubber for £65 its called the edge,

just wondered if anyone has experience of these and looking for thoughts and reviews

many thanks
 Mr Moac 21 Sep 2016
In reply to ecrinscollective:

Hi I've been climbing in a pair for a month or so. They are excellent, no different from my catana lace ups. Same lacing system, same rubber. Good on smears, edging and in every way so far. I went for my every day shoe size, started out a tight fit but are starting to stretch I can see them becoming a good comfortable fit. I go 1,1/2 - 2 sizes down in sportivas. So excellent boots at half the price wots not to like.
 deacondeacon 21 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Moac:

Just clicked on your profile and couldn't believe it when I saw your profile picture. When I was 7 (30 years ago) I learnt to snorkel on that beach and probably haven't thought of that place for almost my whole life.

Sorry I posted in the thread but you have comments turned off on your profile
 NaCl 21 Sep 2016

I've been using a pair for about 6 months and really rate them. I used to use miura Vs's for everything but since buying these have kept the Vs's for my attack shoes and the Edges for everything else. Tbh I think the edges are probably nearly as good as the Miuras. Well worth the money.
 Mr Moac 21 Sep 2016
In reply to deacondeacon:
Yes it's a great beach if you can find it, some good boulder prob's and as you say a good place to snorkel. Secret beach between Skala and Poros but it's not where Google earth says it is. I prefer the Edge over my Miura's VS's which Iv'e several pairs of.
Happy climbing
Mr. M.

P.S. That photo is about 12 years old
Post edited at 23:25

Hi all

Thanks for your feed back, I was thinking of going for the Miura next boot change, guess at that price I will make the journey to try a set on.

Many thanks again
 nakedave 22 Sep 2016
In reply to NaCl:

How do you find the size compares with the muira vs?
 Mr Moac 22 Sep 2016
In reply to nakedave:

Forget Muira sizes. I take a 39.1/2 or 40 in VS, couldn't get in the edge at those sizes. Normal street shoe size is a good tight fit just like a pair of new VS's, starting to give a bit after a month not as painful now.

Mr M.
 Wsdconst 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Moac:

Just a quick question, how would you rate them on the climbing shoe scale of pain ?
 Mr Moac 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Wsdconst:

Scale of pain? I would say as painful as a new pair of Muria VS's. Should have said street shoe size is 42. Scale of pain, is a good name for a route.
 NaCl 22 Sep 2016
In reply to nakedave:

I wear 9.5 in streets shoes but wear a 7.5/41 in the VS's and the I think I went 8.5/43 in the edges. The edges get used as mileage and trad shoes and were pretty comfy from the day they arrived. They're all good for all day trad and multipitch I find. The VS's require some breaking in - both of my feet and the shoes.
 Wsdconst 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Mr Moac:

> Scale of pain? I would say as painful as a new pair of Muria VS's. Should have said street shoe size is 42. Scale of pain, is a good name for a route.

Cheers, and if you put up any new routes feel free to use the name

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...