/ Rope Stuck, Savage Slit

Garry_C - on 22 Sep 2016
Was on Savage Slit (S), today in Coire an Lochain, managed to get a rope stuck on the abseil off, its wedged in a constriction, can be seen from the ground. If anyone is on Number 4 Buttress atoll, its return would be much appreciated, there is even an anchor consisting of 2 nuts and a 1.5 friend there with your name on it... Climbing partner cut some tat off a block that was inviting to ab from but was certainly loose.
Jamie B - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Garry_C:

Is that the block at the top of the main corner? Has been abbed off for years without problems, wonder what has changed? It does have a reputation as a rope-grabber however, for reference of others there's an anchor above Prore which allows a cleaner retrieval.
Garry_C - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Jamie B:

Think it was by the second chockstone ledge? I didn't see the movement for myself, thought all was ok with it and as I was weigting the rope to ab down my partner got a big fright and told me to climb back upto the ledge as the chockstone we were anchored to was starting to move, I then didn't touch this block after. Didn't see this movement for myself but going with what partner said as he was stood above, there is another chockstone on that ledge that is also got some tat but wasn't particularly keen on abbing of the tat that was there. Was just wanting to make people aware of the decision we made today to get rid of that potentially suspect piece of tat. Was going to head down Prore aswell!
Andy Nisbet - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Garry_C:

I might be going tomorrow, and if so, I'll see if the rope is still there. I hope you didn't abseil down the chimney. I've lost count of the number of guidebooks and UKC threads in which I've said - don't abseil down the chimney as your rope will get stuck.
Garry_C - on 22 Sep 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Guilty Andy!...

Partner seemed most keen to ab down the route as we knew there was big ledges ect but we were unsure of what to find on Prore. If you see anything, give us a shout, would be much appreciated.
Andy Nisbet - on 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Garry_C:

Yes, we're going up to maybe do Bulgy so will let you know.
Andy Nisbet - on 15:25 Fri
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I now have your rope and the anchor at my house. Where do you live? I'm off to Kalymnos early in the morning so too late to post.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Garry_C - on 20:28 Fri
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Top man Andy! Messaged you on here