UKC

The Bull Stones, Lancs bouldering Video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ehmarra 22 Sep 2016

To help promote what Lancashire grit has to offer please check out my video of the Bull Stones in Lancs. Bull Stones is in the beautiful Bowland area of Lancashire the video shows mileage on lots of easy, yet sometimes committing problems. vimeo.com/183222521
Post edited at 22:28
 prudol 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Ehmarra:

Thanks for posting that video of Bullstones. Those were some of our earliest and favourite problems there.
John Proud and Alan Bates.
 C Witter 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Ehmarra:

It is a beautiful place! And looks like you had good weather, too!

I went there for the first time earlier this summer and was surprised that there wasn't a UKC page for it, as there are a lot of fun problems and potential for other routes besides those already documented. Did many of the same problems you do in the vid. Would love to go back at some point.

Do you have any other recommendations near Lancaster? I've also enjoyed Thorn Crag and Windy Clough and made a brief but enjoyable intial exploration of Baines Crag (near Windy Clough) - which is virtually undocumented (see the UKC page for a few routes I documented, but there's a lot more potential: Baines Crag (Quernmore)).
OP Ehmarra 24 Sep 2016
In reply to C Witter:

Yeah it really is a great place. North Lancs i've only been to Thorn and Bull Stones, which i love but i've bouldered loads in the Lancs south quarries and on the Eastern Lancs grit, Blackstones is brilliant and so is Stoney Edge. Have you got the Lancashire bouldering guide? Baines looks interesting i might have a run up there at some point.
OP Ehmarra 24 Sep 2016
In reply to C Witter:

Also there is a UKC page The Bull Stones
 Alan Bates 25 Sep 2016
In reply to Ehmarra:

Nice video. Giving a feel for the fun to be had at Bull Stones.

I took a quick look at what you did that day (on your profile) and if you're up there again don't miss:
One Pebble Slab
Bounty Hunter
Don't Go Yet
Black Hole

robin mueller 25 Sep 2016
In reply to Ehmarra:

Great stuff. It's a brilliant venue, and deserves to be more popular. Hopefully your vid will encourage a few others to check it out.
In reply to Ehmarra:

Looks like a good venue, cheers. I'll give it a visit when I'm back.
 C Witter 26 Sep 2016
 teapot 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Ehmarra:

Your video has inspired me to run a school day trip up there during half term (weather permitting). Looks like a great spot. I have yet to mention to my students the walk-in!
OP Ehmarra 25 Oct 2016
In reply to teapot:
Thats Amazing to hear! a great day out, the walk is is great and there are lots of references to Witches along the way, so it'll keep them interested!
Post edited at 19:33
OP Ehmarra 25 Oct 2016
In reply to Alan Bates:

Cheers Alan! i'll be sure give them a go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...