UKC

Convert to automatic translation tools

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 23 Sep 2016
If the following post is anything to go by (presumably will be removed at some point), then I think that there should be an option to apply a filter on all UKC posts, passing them through various language translations before coming back to English. They'll probably be more entertaining as a result (and in some cases probably make more sense too).

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=650254
 oldie 23 Sep 2016
In reply to Willi Crater:
Seem to remember book from 70s: Galactic Pot Healer by Philip K Dick with a dystopian world where many were unemployed, inflation hundreds of % per day. People played a game trying to guess original message after it had passed through multiple translations.
 pec 23 Sep 2016

Here's your original post translated into French and back into English, its actually pretty good. Google translate has improved a lot, though why UKC becomes DSQ I'm not sure.

"If the next station is something to go (probably will be removed at some point), then I think there should be an option to apply a filter on all posts by DSQ, passing them through various language translations then back to English. They will probably be more entertaining as a result (and in some cases, probably more sense too)."

Into German and back doesn't work as well, but it gets UKC right!

"If you follow something through the (presumably at some point is removed) to go, then I think it shoulds be an option to apply a filter to all UKC posts, different translations on by em before they again join English. You probably will (to do some boxing and probably more sense) more enjoyable as a result."

To Chinese and back starts to lose the plot

"What if the following post is by (probably will be removed at some point) to go, I think it should be applied to all jobs UKC filter options, and translate them back before through a variety of languages, English Date. They might be entertained Blackberry results (in some cases it may make sense to Blackberry too)."

And finally, English to French to German to Chinese and back to English. Surprisingly some of it still survives intact.

"If the next station to something (might be removed at some point), then I think it should be in English, is a filter applies to all posts DSQ options, let them through a variety of translation again. You may be more interesting (and probably in some cases, more meaningful)."
 FactorXXX 23 Sep 2016

Outstandifold in the wetty grippers: -

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a2_1314314931&use_old_player=1&safe...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...