UKC

repairing vinyl flooring

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 24 Sep 2016
Are dog has just had a go at dig up your vinyl kitchen floor. its left some nail and torn a little bit up.

its quite new and I'm very reluctant to replace.

Is it possible to repair? Naturally the shop said no. but surely there must be away?

Also check out my free to good home post for a Dalmatian!
 girlymonkey 24 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:

It's not a great repair, but we have used silicone sealant to stick a ripped bit of vinyl back down. In our case it was in a reasonably discrete place though! We put the sealant on the floor under the vinyl and stuck it down carefully. Got to be worth a try before replacing it!
 marsbar 24 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:

You can get kits and there are videos on YouTube, not tried it myself.

Would love a Dalmatian but mr marsbar said no
 Toerag 26 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:

I've used silicone on holes made by dropping screwdrivers on mine. Seems to work OK, if you find it doesn't stick to it then Sikaflex 291 would probably be better in that respect (it sticks to pretty much anything and DOES NOT come off).
 summo 26 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:

it is possible to cut a circle out and glue in a new piece, if you can get matching. It's skilled worked work though. The circle means there are no corners that are more likely to lift or peel away. It won't be perfect, but it's better than a hole and cheaper than whole new floor. A lot depends on the size of the damaged area, smaller circles are much easier.
 blurty 26 Sep 2016
In reply to goldmember:

A floorlayer could weld a patch in for you - obviously not DIY/ cheap, unless you happen to know someone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...