UKC

Photoshop help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cog 24 Sep 2016
Can anyone please advise without getting technical?
I know how to stitch photos to make a panorama, perhaps I can use that method for the following?

I have two photos taken a couple of seconds apart, one landscape and one portrait.
I’d like to remove the climber from the good photo and replace it with the climber on the other photo. What is the easiest way of doing that?
 Long Pinky 24 Sep 2016
In reply to Cog:

Send them to me and I will do it for you
 noteviljoe 24 Sep 2016
In reply to Cog:

You could
*place one photo in a layer above the other
*make it 50% transparent so you can line them up exactly.
* Now make opaque again and either use eraser, or a layer mask, to remove the climber you don't want and place in the one you do.

Hope that makes sense, trying to type this quickly on a phone.
OP Cog 24 Sep 2016
In reply to Long Pinky:

Thanks a lot for the offer but I think it would be more satisfying to learn a little .
OP Cog 24 Sep 2016
In reply to noteviljoe:

Thanks, I'll have a play around.
 Long Pinky 24 Sep 2016
In reply to Cog:

Cloning.
 john arran 24 Sep 2016
In reply to Cog:

Actually your suggestion of using stitching could be a very good one, since modern stitching tools seem to be very good at harmonising things like brightness, contrast and colour between component images. You could do worse than to try cropping your images into very overlapping sections, then feeding all of the good image sections except the one with the climber, and only the climber section from the bad image, together to the stitching tool.
I'd be interested in seeing how good the result is.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 Sep 2016
In reply to Cog:

If they are at the same focal length you can just do a clone from one photo to the other with them both open.

Alternately select the climber and an area around him and do a copy and paste.

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...