UKC

Manchester University Mountaineering Club Freshers Trips

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 matt.stevenson 25 Sep 2016
Hi everyone, Manchester University Mountaineering Club will be having our freshers trips over the next two weekends. We will be visiting the Froggatt area on 02/10/16 and the Roaches on 09/10/16. For both trips we are expecting to take a large number of novice climbers to the crags but we will do our best to minimise our impact both on other climbers and on the rock! As in previous years we will split everyone into small groups with a competent leader and second taking a couple of novices with them, the leaders in each group will be encouraging good practice and hopefully teaching novices a lot. It is very unlikely that any top ropes will be put up but if they are they will be on selected routes and only left in place for a short time. We have a fairly large amount of club climbing shoes so as many novices as possible will be wearing them rather than trainers. At each venue we will spread out over different areas and crags – previously when at Froggatt teams have visited Curbar as well, and at the Roaches we tend to split up over the Upper and Lower tiers, the Skyline buttresses and the bouldering areas. If anyone is at either of the venues those weekends please come and have a chat, I like to think we’re a friendly bunch!
 Phil Anderson 26 Sep 2016
In reply to matt.stevenson:

Nailed it - well played!

You must've been crapping yourself after all the flak that the SUMC thread got.
 Mark Kemball 26 Sep 2016

Enjoy, happy days, that's how I learnt to climb with MUMC 40 odd years ago.
 deepsoup 26 Sep 2016
Superb, as ever. I hope the weather gods smile on you and a brilliant time is had by all.
 Danm79 26 Sep 2016

Watertight!

Just wanted to give this a bump with the first trip being this weekend. Thank you for all the positive comments and likes!
 JamButty 29 Sep 2016

Seems like the standard template for all future similar posts...... have fun!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...