UKC

DIGITAL FEATURE: The Master of Moves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 26 Sep 2016
Jacky Godoffe, 3 kbFOR ALMOST HIS ENTIRE LIFE, Jacky Godoffe, the 59-year-old French bouldering legend and World Cup routesetter, has lived in the forest of Fontainebleau.

Read more
In reply to UKC Articles:

Awesome... much for Mr Godoffe!
 deepsoup 26 Sep 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
That little film is lovely.
 Mark Collins 30 Sep 2016

Not to be confused with "The Master of Movement", that's someone completely different
 aln 30 Sep 2016

Great feature. He seems to agree that the best climber is the one having the most fun.
In reply to aln:

> Great feature. He seems to agree that the best climber is the one having the most fun.

Yeah, but he's having fun because he's one of the best climbers
 stp 08 Oct 2016

I thought his comment on his drive for climbing was really interesting...

"I realized that there was something more than simply the physical side. There was doubt, and that's what got me hooked." The uncertainty inherent in climbing, and the emotional struggle it created, gave him a feeling of accomplishment unlike what he had felt in athletic competition. "If you're sure of accomplishing something, to me this has no meaning. So if there is doubt, there is a risk, and this risk makes all of this more spicy, more exciting."
 Luke90 11 Oct 2016

I'm a bit late to the party here but I'd like to say that I enjoyed the content but not the presentation. The "digital feature" conceit was very pretty but I didn't find it a pleasant way of reading. Breaking the text into such small, discrete chunks was quite unhelpful. Also, forcing me to click on a single spot or use the keyboard to progress was unhelpful. Can you at least make the design work with the scroll wheel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...