UKC

Corsica Symphonie d'autonome

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi
is one 70 m rope enough to abseil down the route at any point?
Any insight about getting to the start of the route?

La RestonicaSymphonie d'Automne (6b)
 AdrianC 29 Sep 2016
In reply to Dorte:

It's a really fun route - go and do it! Some pics here that may help clarify the nature of the approach... https://www.flickr.com/photos/63191472@N04/albums/72157654863842376

We did it on doubles I think there were some quite long pitches so I have a feeling that a single 70 probably won't get you down the abseils very well. Again from memory, there's a walk off down the gully on the climbers' right of the route.
In reply to AdrianC:

Thanks that is very helpful.
Looks absolutely fabulous!
 shantaram 30 Sep 2016
In reply to Dorte:

If you are visiting Corsica to get the most out of the climbing I would recommend taking 50m or 60m double ropes, rather than a 70m rope. In my opinion the best climbing in Corsica is on the multi pitch routes - Bavella and Restonica offer a huge selection (almost a lifetimes worth) of routes to give you a taste. The single pitch offerings are OK, but not the best that Corsica has to offer.

Symphonie D'Automne is an awesome route. The bottom cables/ropes to access it were damaged when we did it around 8 years ago, so we abbed in on double 60m ropes. From the pictures of the route that were posted it looks like the access from the bottom was fine last year.
 jon 30 Sep 2016
In reply to shantaram:

> If you are visiting Corsica to get the most out of the climbing I would recommend taking 50m or 60m double ropes, rather than a 70m rope. In my opinion the best climbing in Corsica is on the multi pitch routes - Bavella and Restonica offer a huge selection (almost a lifetimes worth) of routes to give you a taste. The single pitch offerings are OK, but not the best that Corsica has to offer.

Absolutely my take on it too.

> Symphonie D'Automne is an awesome route. The bottom cables/ropes to access it were damaged when we did it around 8 years ago, so we abbed in on double 60m ropes. From the pictures of the route that were posted it looks like the access from the bottom was fine last year.

When I did it the lake was frozen and we could have walked to the start... but we used the fixed ropes anyway, just in case!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...