UKC

Liverpool Uni Fresher's Climbing Trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
LUMC 01 Oct 2016
Hi

Just want to let everybody know that Liverpool University Mountaineering Club will be heading to Windgather Rocks on Sunday the 9th of October to run our fresher's trip. We will have about 30 people on the trip, including about 10 already experienced members. We will be wanting to set up about 4-5 top ropes. We will be happy to take down the top ropes should anybody wish to climb a route that we are occupying. We understand that not everybody agrees with fresher's trips so we will do everything we can to keep out of the way. Any concerns please get in touch and we will try to resolve them.

Thanks for your understanding,

LUMC
 Luke90 01 Oct 2016
In reply to LUMC:
> We understand that not everybody agrees with fresher's trips so we will do everything we can to keep out of the way.

Shame you have to say that. Hope everyone has a good time.
 ianstevens 01 Oct 2016
In reply to LUMC:

> Just want to let everybody know that Liverpool University Mountaineering Club will be heading to Windgather Rocks on Sunday the 9th of October to run our fresher's trip. We will have about 30 people on the trip, including about 10 already experienced members. We will be wanting to set up about 4-5 top ropes. We will be happy to take down the top ropes should anybody wish to climb a route that we are occupying.

Or if you're only on them for a few hours, just make the "I'm leading so I'm better than you" brigade do another route and wait their turn rather than trying to not offend anyone to your own detriment.
 brianjcooper 01 Oct 2016
In reply to LUMC:

Whilst not particularly liking mass meetings at crags, I appreciate your good manners towards other climbers.
Have a great day.
 Valkyrie1968 01 Oct 2016
In reply to ianstevens:

To be fair, anyone leading routes at Windgather who believes that they're superior to topropers probably needs a good slap anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...