UKC

Review of Vango Lauder 400 tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jodunn 04 Oct 2016
I also bought this tent as I am a middle aged woman who camps with my large lurcher and I needed something that I could stand up in and had a porch large enough for a table and chair. I wish manufacturers would be honest. This is a great 3 MAN tent with lots of room to move about in but if you had 4 adults there would be no room to move. The sleeping compartment has a 1-way zip so its impossible to open from the side where the zip does not start. A problem when I shared with a friend as you have to climb over the other person to get out to go to the loo. It is useless without the footprint & this should come as standard and not as an extra, the groundsheets are very thin and wil not stand up to dog claws or kids or moving table & chairs. You absolutely need a carpet and dont buy the one supposedly made for this tent as it is rectangular and not the right shape or large enough for the front area. If you are going to cook in it you also need a board to put the cooker on as any rough object will go through the groundsheet in a jiffy. NB the manufacturer suggests you cook outside. and they are Scotland based. Ha Ha! The extra porch finishes right over the front of the entrance and when it storms the rain drips right down & under the groundsheet leaving a swimming pool under the front area. The sides are not long enough to reach the ground and again when it storms the rain runs between the groundsheet and the footprint making another swimming pool. There are no spare pole sections so it one breaks you have to end your holiday. You can put it up alone but NOT if it is windy or raining. The bag for the footprint is too small to put it back in and it is creased when you get it. The bag for the pegs is too short. The carry bag is huge enough to pack away a wet tent but not waterproof so you still need several bin bags. The guy ropes are NOT reflective. The partly sewn and partly linked groundsheet meant my dog kept tripping over. Also a problem for kids or older people especially in the night. Windows good but toggles for the curtains not as good as the rest of the tent toggles. Don't even think of putting a cooker near the plastic. Tricky to roll up the front door due to the padding. Not enough ventilation if it gets really hot. Front door has 2 metal eyelets so its a shame manufacturer fails to tell you it can be made into a sun canopy if you have king poles. A nice tent if you can guarantee sunny dry weather. Manufacturer failed to understand complaint saying this tent is designed as "entry level weekend tent" - they dont understand that it is the only tent you can stand up in and thats what middle aged or older campers need. I paid £140 and think that the footprint should have been included at that price.It wasn't. I also think at least 1 spare pole section should have been included and the footprint needs to be less folded before its rolled and in a larger carry bag. Not worth the full RRP of £190 because it has annoying things that let it down. Like the coloured markers on the tent to indicate which pole goes where being so tiny you cant see them without your reading glasses or in the fading light. Sigh - its just not what it could have been because the manufacturer has cut costs to the bone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...