UKC

Climbing in Tenerife

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iamniccage 05 Oct 2016
Heading of to Tenerife in December for some Winter sun and some climbing. Never been before so was wondering has anyone got any route recommendations for great routes.

Any tips would be welcome

Cheers
 purple sue 05 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

Assuming you've got the guidebook, the deeper end of Arico Gorge has some routes well worth doing. Lots of other venues worthwhile checking out too.
 olddirtydoggy 05 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

Mount Teide is a great hike in a day. Get the online pass for the summit and win at life. 3500m
 unicycleboy 05 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

The climbing up at Canada del Capricho (at 2000m below my tiede) was a cracking setting, though was roasting hot (hotter than Arico last week) not the cooler high crag we were expecting.

I'd also recommend Tamadaya, routes are in the lower grades (perfect for me) and not massively long but it was a very nice relaxed gorge with very nice rock. Its not in my Tenerife guidebook but picked up a little paper guide for it from the climbing house in Arico.
 WildCamper 05 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

Lots of volcanic activity going on in Tenerife atm if things dont quieten down you may not be able to get there...
OP iamniccage 06 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

Have a guide book, but obviously can't really tell from the pics if the route is good or not. And always a little apprehensive of trusting route rating guides as normally leads to polished routes.

was just looking for personal recommendations of fun routes that might be worth a look.

Thanks for all the tips and fingers crossed no volcanic activity
 HansStuttgart 06 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:

around what grade?

Guaria has good crack lines

Arico is my favourite for sport climbing
OP iamniccage 06 Oct 2016
In reply to HansStuttgart:

Really anything in the 7s range. have done 7c+ indoors and 7b/+ outdoors before but after some good projects at the higher end. and some great routes that would be good fun in the lower end

thanks
 HansStuttgart 06 Oct 2016
OP iamniccage 07 Oct 2016
 najki_2000 07 Oct 2016
In reply to iamniccage:
Don't climb much above 7a but fond memories of red pointing Pinzatelo Bien 7b ( arico gorge). There was some good looking 7c (?) to the left that had locals hanging around (always a good sign)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...