/ South America

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Kirsty_m - on 08 Oct 2016
Hi,
I'm planning on a year-long trip to South America, probably starting in Peru, and am looking for a climbing partner to join me. Leaving next August/September.

Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina.

Quit your job. You know you want to

Email me at kirstyanne.mcl@gmail.com
Frank the Husky - on 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Kirsty_m: I'd prefer elsewhere so good luck, but you must vists Cochama - the ordinary person's Yosemite!

Kirsty_m - on 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:
It's on the list. Who can resist a year exploring South America...?!! Come!!
Frank the Husky - on 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Kirsty_m: I'm more of a Middle Eastern and Central Asian kind of chap, but thanks for the offer. Filling in your profile might help recruits adventurers.

Lynsety - on 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Kirsty_m:

Hi,

I quit my job and went off for three months travelling and climbing there with my best friend and we had the best time! Great places and you'll have a great time.

We were there ten years ago but seems like a lifetime! Good luck finding people...

I'd go again if I could.

Enjoy the planning

Lynsey.
no_more_scotch_eggs - on 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

yes- was 16 years ago for me. 4 months, mostly in Chile, no climbing but lots of trekking. patagonia is beyond description, will be back one day for sure, still miss it now...

kirsty, hope you have a fantastic time, and absolultely dont miss side trips to the falkland islands and easter island (did the former, regret missing the latter)...
THE.WALRUS - on 09 Oct 2016
In reply to Kirsty_m:

I'll be in Bolivia for June 2017, in case your plans change...
jonnie3430 - on 10 Oct 2016
In reply to Kirsty_m:

I did similar for four months a while ago, I'd recommend a month or two in Quito to learn Spanish as it massively opens doors when kicking about (assuming you don't know it already!), and there some high peaks there that can be good early acclimatisation. I also found the south American explorers club and super topo good for finding partners.

Enjoy, I'd come if it hadn't taken me a couple of years to get this job...
ads.ukclimbing.com
blakeclimber07 - on 12 Oct 2016
In reply to Kirsty_m:

Hey,

I might be around for the first few months, maybe longer... what's your general plan, climbing level, experience and what sort of climbing are you aiming for?? I guess there some pretty important things to go over!

Feel free to drop me a line

Blake

Blaketurczak at hotmail com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.