UKC

Petzl reactik+ ??????????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
General Lee 08 Oct 2016
I received my new Summit magazine today and found an advert for the Petzl reactik+ headtorch, and after reading the advert I started to wonder if the people At Petzl have taken complete leave of there senses.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy a headtorch that you can control from your phone via bluetooth?
You must be a complete moron to waste your money on something that ridiculous, by definition you wear a headtorch on your head and therefore it is well within your reach at all times, and the idea that you can monitor the battery life is even more insane as having it connected to your phone via bluetooth just uses more power.

I think it is time that companies (like Petzl) learn that just because you can make something that it doesn't mean that you should , whoever suggested that Petzl should make these should probably not be invited to marketing meetings in the future.

Sorry people at Petzl, I have nothing against you or the rest of your products but this is beyond ridiculous.
In reply to General Lee:

I think you missed the point. It's not just turning the brightness up or down.

For example: If you're gonna be doing something for 4 hours. You can stick that in via the app and it'll give you max brightness for 4 hours using all the available battery. Previous models had this feature but you had to plug it into a computer first.
 spartacus 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

What a load of overengineered bollo#ks. Just because something can be manufactured does not mean it should be. Headtorches have improved radically in being lightweight and more effective, why would you need an app to control something attached to your head.

It should be simple effective and reliable, this seems to be a method of removing money from those with a surplus.

If this were presented on Dragons Den I think they would say you've invented a problem and invented the solution to it.
 natetan 08 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

does it have a sexytime mood lighting program... i mean that could be handy..
 olddirtydoggy 08 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

Stick headtorch on mates head and keep secretly turning it down for laughs........profit!
Removed User 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Aztec Bar:

Agree completely waste of money. Buy someone flowers instead, much more worthwhile.
 digby 08 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:
If this winds you up this much, I worry about your sanity. Stupid? Moron? Insane? It's just not that serious.
Post edited at 19:42
 Jack_Lewin 08 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

Just buy one of x amount of other headtorches on the market?
 Dave the Rave 08 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

Me mums just bought me one so she can turn up the lumens to help prevent me getting killed.
 spartacus 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Dave the Rave:

I would be worried if I wore one I could be subject of alien abduction and painful probing.
 Dave the Rave 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Aztec Bar:

> I would be worried if I wore one I could be subject of alien abduction and painful probing.

Hopefully, you have never met my mother!
 JoshOvki 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

But like you said you can already do that but you have to plug it in in advance. Not really that much of an issue, off out for 8 hours 2 settings one mad bright the rest not as bright, job done. Or you can use the default settings that tourches have used for years.

Have you honestly ever been out and thought to yourself "hmmm, I really wish I had an app on my phone in my bag to turn down the brightness of my touch on my head."?
 TonyB 09 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

My LED lenser headtorch has just (accidentally) been through a full cycle in the washing machine, and works fine. Of course I'm an idiot for leaving it in my pocket, but there is something refreshingly wonderful about a piece of equipment that is simple and robust (and now a little bit cleaner). I'd definitely prefer a simple solid unit, to one with complex and unnecessary functions.
 Greasy Prusiks 09 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

On the subject does anyone remember those shorts with a built-in harness? They were worth a giggle.
 spartacus 09 Oct 2016
In reply to General Lee:

Can I suggest some further important apps for Petzl to invent.

The ruck sac indicator, an app which tells you if you have put your ruck sac on yet.

Bouldering app, checks status and equipment before bouldering starts, no shirt, check, beanie hat, check, tooth brush, check, nickname etc.

Rope breakage indicator, sounds an alarm if rope breaks and partner is in crumpled heap next to you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...