UKC

Self catering with kids...with childcare??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lynsety 08 Oct 2016
Hi,

I suspect I'm asking too much but would love a weeks skiing next Feb/March time. Outside the school holidays. Got two kids, one 2.5 and the other 4.5. The oldest would like lessons and the youngest well we need childcare.

Don't want to stop in one room in a hotel as get sod all sleep so self catering would be great but then does that make getting lessons and child care complicated?

Cheaper the better for all I know 'cheap' and 'skiing' don't really mix!

Any advice/experience?

We're in Aberdeen so getting to some places isn't ideal from here! Norway advice would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Lynsey.
 summo 08 Oct 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

Most people stay in cabins in Norway or Sweden, week 7 and 8 are sports week (Nordic half term). So zero chance now of a booking for then, but other weeks will ok. Many resorts have creches, but usually 1/2 days not whole days. One to One lessons in English won't be a problem either. Budget might be though. Ski passes are same as anywhere, but food and accom. will cost more, especially with a weak pound.

Casa Alfredino 09 Oct 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

Hi Lynsey,

this is something we are planning to look into in detail for next season, but maybe we could fix something up for you guys this season? We're out in the Dolomites so easy flights to Venice which currently are a pretty decent price. Please feel free to take a look at our website:

http://www.casa-alfredino.co.uk/

The local resort, Civetta is a ten minute drive and they host a kids skiing package. These last until early afternoon, when you can either then ski with them or pick them up. Dolomiti Superski also do a combined parent deal on ski passes so you can transfer your pass to the other parent so you can ski one at a time, although that might not be ideal. But we could certainly look into finding you a baby sitter over there. Let me know if it's of interest to you. We've got lots of blogs about the skiing there and Civetta is a pretty nice place for families with lots of friendly slopes.
OP Lynsety 11 Oct 2016
In reply to Casa Alfredino:

Hi, thanks that would be great but would probably be too much travelling for us at the moment. The smallest is 2.5 and not sure would last that amount of time travelling... Or maybe me more like!

If we didn't have kids then sounds great especially the touring as would love to do more of that.

Hope it all works out

Lynsey.
 Rob Exile Ward 11 Oct 2016
In reply to Lynsety:

Accepting that 'cheap' is relative, we used to get relatively cheap apartments in Val Thorens, which meant that both childcare and lessons were an easy walk from the apartment, so it was good for kids and still left us time to have a blast by ourselves.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...