UKC

Verdon with a 70m single

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 11 Oct 2016
Keen to avoid the ballache of multipitch sport with half ropes. Been before and used 60m halfs and it was ok I guess but I'd much rather climb with a single. I know it will limit the options for routes ab wise but I'm ok with that. Means I don't need to do the Luna bong ab which will at least ensure I don't shit my pants again.

Is it possible to get plenty done with A 70m single and can you get down to L'Ange en Décomposition with a single? as that is high on the list of things I want to fall off.

Cheers
Si
 ian caton 11 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

French 2015 guide says last ab is 40 m, penultimate ab 35 m.
 Kafoozalem 11 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

I for one would not fancy getting anywhere near the end of the rope abbing in to L'Ange. Give me ballache anytime
OP snoop6060 11 Oct 2016
In reply to ian caton:

Cheers, had a feeling that would be the case. Shame, halfs it is I guess.
 BrainoverBrawn 11 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Yes, use halfs for sport. I'm not the expert but the folk I was with for a hundresds of sport routes always carried the same ropes between home trad and away sport and we did fine. I really am confused buying singles though I have sorted one out now. They are like owning a fast car. Really up to it! ?
 jwi 12 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Climb on a single and trail a thin half rope. Very few raps can be safely done on a single 70m. Dalles Grises maybe if you criss cross between stations (but don't take my word for it, I would never be without 100 m of rope in Verdon)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...