/ Verdon with a 70m single

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
snoop6060 - on 11 Oct 2016
Keen to avoid the ballache of multipitch sport with half ropes. Been before and used 60m halfs and it was ok I guess but I'd much rather climb with a single. I know it will limit the options for routes ab wise but I'm ok with that. Means I don't need to do the Luna bong ab which will at least ensure I don't shit my pants again.

Is it possible to get plenty done with A 70m single and can you get down to L'Ange en Décomposition with a single? as that is high on the list of things I want to fall off.

Cheers
Si
ian caton on 11 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

French 2015 guide says last ab is 40 m, penultimate ab 35 m.
Kafoozalem - on 11 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

I for one would not fancy getting anywhere near the end of the rope abbing in to L'Ange. Give me ballache anytime
snoop6060 - on 11 Oct 2016
In reply to ian caton:

Cheers, had a feeling that would be the case. Shame, halfs it is I guess.
howifeel on 11 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Yes, use halfs for sport. I'm not the expert but the folk I was with for a hundresds of sport routes always carried the same ropes between home trad and away sport and we did fine. I really am confused buying singles though I have sorted one out now. They are like owning a fast car. Really up to it! ?
ads.ukclimbing.com
Jonas Wiklund - on 12 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Climb on a single and trail a thin half rope. Very few raps can be safely done on a single 70m. Dalles Grises maybe if you criss cross between stations (but don't take my word for it, I would never be without 100 m of rope in Verdon)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.