UKC

Alt Berg Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ollieollie 15 Oct 2016
Your opinions please? looking at a new pair of boots, usually have Meindl but like the look and fitting of these.

Cheers
 Andy DB 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

They used to be made in the town my parents live in. Think now they have moved some of their production to Italy. Always liked their boots and the customer service in the factory shop was good.
 Andypeak 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

Brilliant. Assuming they fit you properly they will probably be the best boots you've ever owned.
 mudmonkey 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

Got two pairs with Army Reserves - I rate them pretty highly.

I have wide feet and the wide fit works pretty well for me.
 ModerateMatt 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

I have a pair on their first resolve still going strong. They are great boots that I love wearing and mine climb really well. I've lead HS in them and seconded VS.

I have 3 friends with Alt-Bergs after seeing mine in use.

I have seen threads on here with negative opinions, so give them a look for contrasting thoughts but I've had nothing but good service from Alt-Berg.
In reply to ollieollie:

Outstanding boots, I have two pairs. Immensely comfortable, width sizes available, extremely well made. Frankly a steal at the price.

If interested, am selling a pair of Warriors in black 10.5 medium.
 GazW84 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:
Fantastic boots. Off the shelf they are great, but if you can afford the time/extra cost, get a boot fitting to ensure you get the best for you. Altberg also offer resoling/refurbing too using the factory forms so you can keep your boots alive for longer without the hassle of buying new and wearing in
 Pbob 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

Dog's whatsits.

I've got two pairs. I've got very wide feet and I appreciate all the width fittings. Thinking about investing in a third.

Better value that a lot you can buy on the high street.
 Denzil 15 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie: had two pairs of custom boots with a stiffer midsole (have osteoarthritis in my big toes) which lasted well - then they could no longer get the stiffer midsole, so switched to the Mallerstang. Had a problem with the first pair which after 2 years of heavy use split at the back and Altberg said were "worn out". Retailer wasn't happy with this response so sold me a new pair at cost which are still going strong, and have recently bought another pair. Also got a pair of their motorcycle boots. Other than the one hiccup the Altberg boots have been brilliant, and have recommended them to various friends.

In reply to ollieollie:

Very good, very well made, strong, comfortable, no nonsense boots.
 Dax H 16 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

If you can go to the factory shop in Richmond. You can see the boots being made through the glass wall whilst you are being measured up.
I don't have their walking boots but myself and the wife have their motorcycle boots.
I have done 20000 or so miles in mine and they still clean up like new.
In the past my boots have normally normally needed changing between 10 and 15k because they were totally work out and splitting but the Altbergs look like they will go the same distance again.
 Slarti B 16 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

I have short, wide feet with bumps that get bigger with age. Consequently I struggle to find boots that fit comfortably.

I got a pair of Mallerstang boots a couple of years ago and am very happy with them. I had a factory fitting and even the widest fit couldn't quite accommodate my bony protruberances. However, they were happy to stretch the boots for a nominal charge so they fitted well.

Excellent service
OP ollieollie 16 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

Well thats my decision made, a shop near me offers a fitting service and then the dimensions are recreated at the factory to suit my feet.

Thankyou for all your replies
 lordyosch 16 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

My last boots were Meindl. I thought they were the comfiest boots ever.

Then I bought AltBerg and realised I was mistaken.

Went to Walley Warm and Dry and got fitted correctly. I'd always worn size 9 boots. I was fitted to wear size ten and extra narrow with high arch insoles.

The boots feel like nothing I've ever worn, they were amazing straight out of the box.

Jay
 Bootrock 16 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

Alright depending on the model you get. All much of a muchness with Lowa, Altberg, Hanwags etc.

Paul Evans 17 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

I have Mortons neuroma in both feet, and wide feet. Have a pair of "widest fitting" Altberg Tetheras which are fabulous. Wear 'em with custom footbeds and superfeet tongue depressors. Absolutely fantastic, really comfy, light and tough 3 season boots. Done most of the Cape Wrath trail wearing them, multi-day backpacking in very tough terrain, feet were fine, kept all the water out
 GrahamD 17 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

I really rate the pair I have and the different width options made it much less of a compromise when buying.
OP ollieollie 17 Oct 2016
In reply to ollieollie:

As it would appear quite a few also have, i have wide feet, looking forward to getting them now!!
Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...