UKC

Petzl myo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shuffle 16 Oct 2016
I'm looking to buy a Petzl Myo and have found one listed online at a good price as a Petzl Myo RXP. Does anyone know if this is the same torch as those listed as just Petzl Myo or a slightly different model? It appears the same to me and if it is I'd like to ask Go Outdoors to price match.

Cheers!
In reply to shuffle:
The RXP is from memory an old model, replaced by the then RXP 2. The original RXP is not the same spec*, but the later and latest RXP 2s maybe. I think now Petzl have dropped the RXP in the description but otherwise the headtorch is very similar if not identical to last year's models. RXP years ago was the new technology and so highlighted by Petzl. Now it is the standard for them. If the spec is important to you, you could ask Petzl themselves for comment?

Irrespective if the latest RXP2s are the same spec as the current model, they will undoubtedly have different manufacturing model numbers and that may stop your price match. If your not too fussed why not just ask for a price comparison? - the worst will be a refusal!

* mine is several years old and of lower spec.
Edit spelling.
Post edited at 09:43
 zimpara 16 Oct 2016
In reply to shuffle:

GoOutdoors just pricematched a BD Icon @£53 for me. Amazing bit of kit. Just love it!
And UKCs headtorch comparison article said under the mammut, basically this is the one to get.
OP shuffle 16 Oct 2016
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Thanks, them being similar spec but from different years makes sense. I reckon it's worth an ask for the price match. As you say, at worst, they can only say no!
OP shuffle 16 Oct 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Bargain! I know the Icon gets great reviews but I'm specifically looking for a torch with regulated output so the Myo is a better option for me I think.
In reply to shuffle:

The Newest Myo(White/Orange) is Brilliant Very bright and the diffuser is Handy, fits nicely and isn't to heavy it's a Good improvement over the previous myos and the battery lasts a reasonable amount of time on full power.BD icon is good however I've found it a little heavy and battery life on full power is about 2hours. I've found the Myo to be a great Winter All-rounder can even do hill runs with it as it sits nicely the icon in comparison jumps all over the place just my 2bobs Worth

Mal Grey 17 Oct 2016
In reply to shuffle:

Can't remember exactly, but RXP had some sort of programmable options, and was maybe rechargeable, whereas normal Myo didn't.

For what its worth, I wouldn't buy another one (On my 3rd, replaced under warranty twice with no hassle). Its fine as a torch, though things have moved on, but I know there have been lots of folk have similar experience and I don't quite trust it to work when I need it.

OP shuffle 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Mal Grey:

What problems did you have with it? I need it for a winter ultra, so reliability is pretty essential!
 Mal Grey 18 Oct 2016
In reply to shuffle:

Hiya. Problems with the lead from battery to lamp, think its a known issue with, at least, earlier models. There have been previous threads, suggest a quick search and or google. Petzl (and retailers) have always been superb at sorting issues, but it would be nice not to have the issue. Mine is now about 4 years old, I think, the previous two went at about 2 year intervals, so definite improvement.

OP shuffle 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Mal Grey:

Thanks! I'll investigate further, but that sounds pretty annoying, especially if it's a known issue. Good to know that petzl are good on customer service stuff though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...