/ Southern Sandstone Open Meeting 23rd October

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bob Moulton - on 17 Oct 2016
The meeting will be held at 6:30 pm in the bar at Bowles, which will be open from 6 pm. Snacks and some non-alcoholic drinks will be provided.

All matters relating to Southern Sandstone climbing will be on the agenda and are open to discussion. One important issue to be discussed is the next stage of the Harrison's Woodland Management Plan, this year for the area beneath Dark Chimney, together with the need for maintenance of areas already worked on . Another is the proposed replacement of the Sandstone Bouldering Ten Commandments by an adaptation of the BMC's Bouldering Sense, and in this context the question of whether any form of brushing is acceptable due to the softness of the rock
Rich K - on 17 Oct 2016
In reply to Bob Moulton:

Was this supposed to say 23rd October rather than May?
Bob Moulton - on 17 Oct 2016
In reply to Rich K:
Yes, it certainly was, the coming Sunday! Sorry about that. UKC, is it possible to change the subject to correct this please?
Post edited at 21:28
Oceanrower - on 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bob Moulton:

Can I Ask how far ahead these things are planned. Once again it's less than a weeks notice. I've been before and I'd love to come again but surely you can let people know before this!
Ardverikie2 on 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bob Moulton:

It's unfortunate , given the importance to me of the last item mentioned, that the incompetence of Southern Rail means it almost certainly won't be possible to attend, judging by my failure to get to any Sandstone recently.
Graham Ad - on 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Oceanrower:

The meeting date was decided at the earlier meeting in May - as posted in the minutes here http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Document.aspx?id=248

If you want to keep up with Southern Sandstone work by the SVG (Sandstone volunteers group) it's worth looking at the news pages here - http://sandstonevolunteers.org.uk/?page_id=37

You might also like to be on the SVG mailing list... please contact me through my profile.

The subject of brushing comes up regularly but it has now got to a state where real damage is being done so the proposal is to prohibit brushing completely. Come and have your say...

Cheers,
Graham.
daimon - on 18 Oct 2016
Bob Moulton - on 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Ardverikie2:

I agree about Southern Rail! Given that you are unlikely to be able to get to the meeting, please let me have you views on the last item in my original posting, by which I take it you mean 'whether any form of brushing is acceptable due to the softness of the rock'. I will then read out your comments at the meeting along with those of a number of others from people who can't be there.

You can do this either on this forum or by emailing me via UKC via my profile. It would probably carry more weight if I could quote you by name.

The same applies on this or any other matter to anyone else who can't get to the meeting

Bob

PS Many thanks to UKC for correcting my mistake with the date in the topic!
Sarah Cullen - on 20 Oct 2016
In reply to Bob Moulton:

It would be great to see a good turnout for this meeting so that decisions can be made on what climbers want. Come along, have a snack, get involved - always great to see new faces on the social scene !
Ardverikie2 on 21 Oct 2016
In reply to Bob Moulton:

> I agree about Southern Rail! Given that you are unlikely to be able to get to the meeting, please let me have you views

Thanks I'll do that and also do my best to attend.

ads.ukclimbing.com
Ardverikie2 on 23 Oct 2016
In reply to Bob Moulton:

I just received notice that my e-mail didn't get to you. My apologies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.