UKC

El chorro crag choices

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bhealey 17 Oct 2016
In need of some knowledge. I've never climbed in el chorro before and I'm off there with my gf for a week.
Could anyone recommend some multi pitch crag areas not polished with grades up to 6b.
How is the grade there is it soft or hard compared to places like catalunya.
Cheers.
Ben
 TonyB 17 Oct 2016
In reply to Bhealey:

I've been to El Chorro several times. I've only done single pitch there though. I think the grading is pretty fair, with some climbs being soft for their grade. I haven't done a lot in Catalunya, but I think it's pretty similar. It's a well established climbing area, and certainly there is polish, but I've never found it to be a problem or thought that it detracted from the climbing.
 Stig 17 Oct 2016
In reply to Bhealey:

Probably the best area for that is Frontales - some good multipitch routes, not too polished, higher up, ie on the far left looking in at the main range. eg Valentines Day 6a-ish (??- from memory) .

Also some good pitches up on Escalera Arabe - up to 2 pitches. Easy slabs in and around the steps too.

If you have transport and it's warm enough (should be this time of year) then Desplomilandia Buena Sombra - not m/p but long pitches, not particularly polished and great rock.

Grades are about benchmark for Spain I would say. Harder than Costa Blanca - easier than Siurana, say.

After climbing beers in the Station Bar (take a warm jacket) - that's the life.
Bhealey 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Stig:

Awesome cheers guys. Not on the longest trip ever so we want to get the best out of it. And a bar recommendation is always welcome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...