/ Wanted: Book wanted, New Zealand Backcountry Skiing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
HammondR on 18 Oct 2016 - user since 20/Dec/11
As in the title, looking for a copy of New Zealand Backcountry Skiing by the NZ Alpine Club, written by James Broadbent.
hedgepig - on 19 Oct 2016
In reply to HammondR:

Tried Gastons Alpine Books?
HammondR on 20 Oct 2016
In reply to hedgepig:
Well there's a thing. I had never heard of them. Sadly, from what little I could glean from t'internet, they have no trace of my book. I suspect most of them are in the antipodes, and it is out of print

Thanks for the suggestion.

ben b - on 20 Oct 2016
In reply to HammondR:

Is there a specific bit of it you needed? Happy to send on scans if so.

Cheers

b
HammondR on 21 Oct 2016
In reply to ben b:
Thank you very much for your kind offer. However, it is the book I am seeking. With a couple of friends, we are eager to ski tour/backcountry ski in New Zealand for 6/8 weeks next September and October. We are hoping the book, + other resources, can help us decide where to go, if our timing looks about right, and so on.

Or to put it another way, if I had the book, I would know which pages I would like scanning!

If you happen upon any Kiwi chums who have a copy, but are now inactive, please guide them my way.

Regards

ben b - on 21 Oct 2016
In reply to HammondR:

Righto. Will keep an eye out in the shops too. From memory there was an intro section with comments about timings and reliability of cover which might help - I can have a look over the weekend.

cheers

b
damowilk on 21 Oct 2016
In reply to HammondR:

There's a new edition planned, but probably not in time for next year.
You may have found this site already: http://skitouring.co.nz/
There are also a few FB pages: Canterbury ski touring, Queenstown ski touring etc.
Save some time to tour the Cragieburns and Arthur's pass!
AdrianC - on 21 Oct 2016
In reply to HammondR:

Drop me an email if you want either general suggestions of areas to visit or specifics in particular spots. The Broadbent guidebook is worth getting hold of but, in my view, its coverage is a little patchy and there's a heap of good stuff that isn't in there. I'd also recommend skitouring.co.nz for some trip ideas.
ads.ukclimbing.com
HammondR on 24 Oct 2016
In reply to HammondR:
Thanks to all for the replies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.