UKC

Are Some People Really this Gullible?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marsbar 18 Oct 2016
In reply to FesteringSore:

Yes. We allow them to vote as well.
 Big Ger 18 Oct 2016
In reply to marsbar:

Arguing for an IQ qualification for voting?
 broken spectre 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> Arguing for an IQ qualification for voting?

It can't hurt!
 marsbar 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

Anyone stupid enough to bid on a rare upside down £5 isn't someone I would want to vote on my future. Maybe to be fair stupid people can be allowed to vote on reality TV shows only, Strictly come baking or whatever.
 stevieb 18 Oct 2016

I don't think they're actually going to pay
 Bootrock 18 Oct 2016
In reply to broken spectre:

Right I am sick of hearing this IQ voting BS. You can't segregate people for voting, what's next, Poor people can't vote? Black people cant vote? Disabled people can't vote? People called Dave can't vote? Single parents can't vote?
You can't kick off about people disagreeing with you, it's democracy, if you want to blame anyone, blame the knobhead politicians on both sides for lying, blame the media, blame the system, kick off about the hidden details. Blame your side for not doing more to convince people. Not every one that voted leave is a xenophobe or Stupid.

I know plenty of people who voted Remain that are absolute chuffing idiots.
I know plenty of people who voted Leave that are quite smart and switched on.

Wind your necks in you bunch of pretentious, wet lettuce fannies. Maybe you should start questioning why the disagree and why they weren't won over by your side rather than questioning their IQ.

Honestly, you can't demand to move the goalposts after the goal has been made. Get a grip and get over it.

Bloody IQ tests for votes, what's next burning books?
 john arran 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> I know plenty of people who voted Leave that are quite smart and switched on.

... relative to whom?
 Rob Exile Ward 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

You're absolutely correct. However I do think that people ought to have their irony meters checked before they're allowed to post on UKC.
In reply to Bootrock:
I think it's a joke Bootrock, but you still coudn't resist it or resist bringing up Brexit (again) and you want us to stop moaning about it!. Looks like the joke's on you!

(Is that your dislike)
Post edited at 21:09
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Very good!
 elliott92 18 Oct 2016
In reply to john arran:

Get off your high horse
In reply to Bootrock:
> You can't segregate people for voting, what's next, . . . . . . . People called Dave can't vote?

No, just not call a referendum.
Post edited at 21:12
 john spence 18 Oct 2016

Stop bickering on here and check your wallets, I've just found three of the little buggers ! I'm in the money.
 Bootrock 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Hugh J:

Well there hasnt been much call for an IQ test on any other votes.....so it's pretty obvious. It's hardly about IQ tests for voting in the chuffing X factor is it?

I stand by what I said. Dunno if it was meant as a joke or what, It's been a long day.

marsbar 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

Calm down dear.

1) it was a joke

2) I said vote, I meant in elections. I didn't bring up Brexit, you did.

3) Now we are assured of a supply of Marmite, I'm fine with it

4) Number 3 may not be entirely true.

5) Read number 1 again, it is true

6) Always remember, in the old days I wouldn't have been allowed to vote. Only men. Check your privilege

7) I may be joking when I tell you to check your privilege.
 Bootrock 18 Oct 2016
In reply to marsbar:
> Calm down dear.

I need a rum.

> 3) Now we are assured of a supply of Marmite, I'm fine with it

I most certainly am not, Marmite isn't a food substance. It should be registered in the list of Biological Weapons, and banned!

> 6) Always remember, in the old days I wouldn't have been allowed to vote. Only men. Check your privilege.

How old are you?!

> 7) I may be joking when I tell you to check your privilege.

You best be, or I will be writing another badly worded rant that no one will read and dislike anyway.

Nah Hugh, wasn't me disliking it? You made me smile.
Post edited at 21:25
 aln 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

>Dunno if it was meant as a joke or what,

You seem to be the only one...

Bootrock 18 Oct 2016
In reply to aln:
Must be because I voted leave, we lack humour, hate everyone and are pretty thick.

Rob Exile Ward 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:
'we lack humour, hate everyone and are pretty thick.'

That may not be true. A single counter example would do to refute it. However...
 Yanis Nayu 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Must be because I voted leave, we lack humour, hate everyone and are pretty thick.

I wouldn't say you (pl) lack humour...
 aln 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Must be because I voted leave, we lack humour, hate everyone and are pretty thick.

If you say so but I wouldn't coz I'm not stupid or bigoted and I don't tar everyone with the same brush.
 marsbar 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

I myself have a mug of whisky and lemon on the go. It seems to be working.
 Peter Metcalfe 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> Arguing for an IQ qualification for voting?

How about a simple multi-choice e.g.

(a) Who is the Prime Minister?
(b) What is the capital of Scotland?
 Oldsign 18 Oct 2016

It's an interesting relection on our "meritocracy" that one can be that thick and still have 65k to spooge on an upsidedown fiver...
OP FesteringSore 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Oldsign:

> It's an interesting relection on our "meritocracy" that one can be that thick and still have 65k to spooge on an upsidedown fiver...

Hmmm, bit like supposedly intelligent folk loosing thousands after being conned by telephone and internet scammers. Many that I've heard of are the sort of people you would least expect to fall for such things.
In reply to Peter Metcalfe:
Is it:

a) Rupert Murdoch?
b) London? (Runs for cover!!!)
Post edited at 00:45
 Oceanrower 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Right I am sick of hearing this IQ voting BS. You can't segregate people for voting, what's next, Poor people can't vote? Black people cant vote? Disabled people can't vote? People called Dave can't vote? Single parents can't vote?

> You can't kick off about people disagreeing with you, it's democracy, if you want to blame anyone, blame the knobhead politicians on both sides for lying, blame the media, blame the system, kick off about the hidden details. Blame your side for not doing more to convince people. Not every one that voted leave is a xenophobe or Stupid.

> I know plenty of people who voted Remain that are absolute chuffing idiots.

> I know plenty of people who voted Leave that are quite smart and switched on.

> Wind your necks in you bunch of pretentious, wet lettuce fannies. Maybe you should start questioning why the disagree and why they weren't won over by your side rather than questioning their IQ.

> Honestly, you can't demand to move the goalposts after the goal has been made. Get a grip and get over it.

> Bloody IQ tests for votes, what's next burning books?

You're losing your touch. You could have got at least one "precious snowflake" in there, possibly two.
 Greasy Prusiks 19 Oct 2016

To read the daily mail? It appears so.

timjones 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

If the cap fits....
damhan-allaidh 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

>>Marmite isn't a food substance. It should be registered in the list of Biological Weapons, and banned!

My God. I agree with something Bootrock says.

<retires to bed with cold compress and hides under duvet for rest of the day. recovery from the shock not assured.>
 mangoletse 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

2 days till you can get your tot shippers
 wercat 19 Oct 2016
In reply to marsbar:

in the old days most men weren't allowed to vote!
 Tony the Blade 19 Oct 2016
In reply to mangoletse:

> 2 days till you can get your tot shippers

Pusser's I hope?
 faffergotgunz 19 Oct 2016

Nuff mans ere av bin trolled big time by daily mail

Manz even talkin bout brexit LOLZ
 krikoman 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Wind your necks in you bunch of pretentious, wet lettuce fannies.

Wind MY neck in!! FFS!

Lusk 19 Oct 2016

Gullible idiot falls for (yet another) ebay prank and thinks people are actually seriously bidding!

Stupid?
In reply to john spence:

> Stop bickering on here and check your wallets, I've just found three of the little buggers ! I'm in the money.

You might be if the code along the bottom starts with AK 47. They are changing hands for hundreds of pounds each - inexplicably!
 ianstevens 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> Bloody IQ tests for votes, what's next burning books?

For 90% of the population, reading some books.
OP FesteringSore 19 Oct 2016
In reply to faffergotgunz:

Have you got a speech impediment? Otherwise can you please give your comment in clear English.
 Bootrock 19 Oct 2016
In reply to ianstevens:

> For 90% of the population, reading some books.

But only the books you agree with?

And always Pusser's. Occasionally some Sailor J, but that's what them hipsters drink. So it puts me off, and now my beloved Gin and Tonic is being hijacked by the snowflake hipster brigade too.

The British Empire was built on Gin. Well tea. But Gin is darn good, what!

I do like to have a bit of Kraken, mainly so I can shout RELEASE THE KRAKEN.

Bootrock 19 Oct 2016
In reply to damhan-allaidh:

Welcome to the dark side. We have rum, and hobnobs, dark chocolate obviously.

Just wondering, with bootrock's bizarre outburst, ...is unnecessarily bringing up brexit the new Goodwin's?
OP FesteringSore 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Just Another Dave:

> Just wondering, with bootrock's bizarre outburst, ...is unnecessarily bringing up brexit the new Goodwin's?

Bizarre ?

Ok, bizarre might be overstating; I suppose I meant entirely ordinary and predictable.
 ianstevens 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

> But only the books you agree with?

Nope, whatever people want. So long as they enjoy them and/or they make them think.

Chris Harris 19 Oct 2016
In reply to john spence:

> Stop bickering on here and check your wallets, I've just found three of the little buggers ! I'm in the money.

Yes, you've got fifteen quid.
damhan-allaidh 19 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

Dark chocolate is in third place behind Marmite and anchovies.
 Big Ger 19 Oct 2016

I just saw an advert for "Sunny" loans advertised on Dave, interest rate 1299%

1299% just in case you thought that was an error.

Timmd 20 Oct 2016
In reply to john arran:
> ... relative to whom?

'Raises hand' A relative, a liberal voting, charity supporting open minded about migration and difference type - rather than the caricature/stereotype sometimes painted by some, who is an engineering professor and has always tried to keep informed on things, was pondering voting for Brexit after having voted 'in' during the 70's to join the common market, due to problems he saw with the EU becoming undemocratic and how Greece had been treated, that the fiscal rules were bent to let them in - and then they paid the price for it. In the end he was busy, but his reasoning was from a liberal and 'autonomy for the people' angle. I think the actual Brexit campaign was awful and dishonest by the way.

Post edited at 17:52
Lusk 20 Oct 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> ... an engineering professor and has always tried to keep informed on things, was pondering voting for Brexit ...

Obviously a closet xenophobic, homophobic, dumb arsed numpty who's lost his marbles then.
 Timmd 20 Oct 2016
In reply to Lusk:
He might be losing his marbles - or his keys - it can feel like the same thing.

Edit: I think the problem is that though there are without doubt some people with very decent reasons for voting Brexit, the actual campaign itself was rather base with Farage and his 'Breaking Point' poster full of brown people, and talking about immigration being a bigger problem than it probably is (we will always need some kind inflow due to the ageing population we have - and the NHS would be lost without it), and lying about things like money which goes into the EU in not mentioning what we get back.

I don't think it can be doubted that people who 'are' racist, xenophobic and reactionary (in not liking multiculturalism just because it's newer and different) would have responded to all this in voting Brexit too, which may explain the rise in reports of people being told to go home, having threatening flyers left on their cars or posted their doors, and the other unpleasant things, I think such people with them feeling more empowered to be open with their sentiments.

With the people who voted for Brexit due to feeling left behind and wanting change, it's not at all back and white in people being 'stupid and hateful' or 'nice and intelligent' depending on how they voted. The city of Sheffield can be split into richer and poorer areas essentially - along Brexit/Remain lines.
Post edited at 18:38
 aln 21 Oct 2016

Intelligent folk who use loose instead of lose
Jim C 21 Oct 2016
In reply to john spence:

I'm tempted to iron one to shrink it ( as they do shrink above a certain temp) and put one up for sale as a rare mini fiver, and see how much I get
 The New NickB 21 Oct 2016
In reply to Bootrock:

Self awareness is a good quality though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...