UKC

Accommodation in Nafpoli and Leonidio

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MadProfessor 21 Oct 2016
We're heading for Nafpoli and Leonidio (Greece) for a few days next month. Any recommendations for accommodation in either town?
 Carless 21 Oct 2016
In reply to MadProfessor:

We had a group of 12+ staying in the Acronafplia in Nafplio last November which was fine, but we only climbed in Nafplio
Some said the quality of the rooms depended on which building you were in (they have 4 I think) and all buildings didn't always include breakfast

You'd need to find somewhere else for Leonidio as too far to drive for the day from Nafplio

All restos we tried in Nafplio were great

Elsier 21 Oct 2016

You could try air bnb

We're heading out there tomorrow, managed to find a reasonable place to stay in each location for our group of 5 on airbnb.
OP MadProfessor 24 Oct 2016
In reply to Carless:

Thanks, will investigate
OP MadProfessor 24 Oct 2016
In reply to Elsier:

Aha, I hadn't thought of airbnb - will investigate - and any recommendations you may have after your trip would be much appreciated.....(same goes for the routes!)
 Elsier 04 Nov 2016

We had a fantastic trip, not sure I have any recommendations for accommodation specifically, but there were plenty of self catering options around both Nafplio and Leonidio and I'm sure if you have a search around on the internet you'll find more details. The new Leonidio guidebook also has a list of accom suggestions in the front, although I'm not sure you can buy it in the UK yet.

The climbing was great, really enjoyed Neraki crag and the Caves of Frachti (not in a guidebook, but there is an online topo) around Nafplio and the Theos area and Twin caves in Leonidio. Unfortunately we didn't have great weather in Leonidio so we only had a couple of full days of climbing (the rest was spent sightseeing or searching out routes that stayed dry in the caves) but it looks like a fantastic new climbing venue with so much potential. We'd all really like to go back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...