UKC

Annual Hire Car Excess Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 snoop6060 21 Oct 2016
Morning,

Does anyone have any recommendations? Not necessarily too focused on it being the cheapest. I'd rather it was easy to deal with (i.e you don't need to notify them when you intend to hire a car), and even more crucially that they pay out when a hire car company stings you. I am willing to pay a bit extra for a reputable company within reason.

Mine has just ran out, it was a random one I selected last minute and i've fortunately not needed to use it. So no idea how good or bad they are. Figured I'd do a bit of research this time, that said I'm going away tomorrow, so its last minute as usual.

Cheers,
Si
Andy4 21 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

http://www.insurance4carhire.com

40 Quid a year,have claimed few times a year on it due to using hire cars for work,No problem.Takes about six weesk to pay out.
OP snoop6060 21 Oct 2016
In reply to andy foers:

Have a like . Exactly what i needed, will get a policy.
In reply to snoop6060:

I've had a really good experience with https://www.questor-insurance.co.uk/ again around £40 a year for worldwide cover. Have claimed several times, once to cover the full excess amount for a cracked windscreen, no issues in claiming, all done online with the money paid straight into your bank account within around 3 weeks.
 Fraser 21 Oct 2016
In reply to andy foers:

I've used them too. Not had to make a claim on anything however so who knows.
In reply to snoop6060:

Another vote for insurance4carhire, good price and have had to claim on the policy due to locking the hire car keys in the boot at Rjukan. The Norwegian version of AA (not Alcoholics Anonymous!) charged over £250 to get into the boot (no doubt the local scallies would have undercut them). The insurers paid out no problem.
 Darron 21 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

I too use, and have claimed from, insurance4carhire.
 g1m147 21 Oct 2016
In reply to andy foers:

I used liesure guard. I think it was £34 for the year. I've just been paid out in full for a claim. It looked like it was going to be a real pain in the arse to claim, but they we're easy enough over the phone and explained everything I needed to do.
 IMA 21 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

https://www.worldwideinsure.com/car-hire-excess-insurance.php

used their car hire never claimed. may be worth a look tho

Been great when climbing for travel insurance though
 Trangia 21 Oct 2016
In reply to andy foers:

> 40 Quid a year,have claimed few times a year on it due to using hire cars for work,No problem.Takes about six weesk to pay out.

Plus 1.

Over the last 15 years or so I've had to make 4 claims on them. Once when I failed to notice pre-hire damage and got charged for it (that was Goldcar in Spain - will NEVER hire from them gain!). Once when I backed into a tree stump in the African bush which I hadn't seen in the long grass (my fault). Once when I hit a pothole in Scotland and burst two tyres, and once when the hire car was broken into in Spain and the glass side window smashed by the thief.

In every case insurance4carhire refunded me in full without quibble within a few weeks.

I can't recommend them too highly
 stewart murray 21 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Another recommendation for insurance4carhire. When hiring avoid Goldcar like the plague. If you book through the likes of Holiday Autos check they haven't booked Goldcar.

Goldcar will either:
a) Add their own insurance even when you've refused it and give you a tablet to sign. They then print out the document and give it to you folded up in a folder.
b) If you spot this they'll insist on a E1500 deposit which can only be taken from a credit card. Their card reader will then reject your card ... and any other cards you try.
c) Charge you vast amounts for spurious damage when you return the car.
OP snoop6060 21 Oct 2016
In reply to stewart murray:
Haha, well I got a policy after the first recommendation and it would seem I made exactly the right choice. World wide for £70, bargain

Should add I never book goldcar. Simply due to the fact they once took me to an off site place and then I had to queue for 2 hours. I'd rather just pay the extra for one of the bigger companies who don't piss you about.
Post edited at 23:35
 Jim 1003 22 Oct 2016
In reply to snoop6060:

Agree re Goldcar, the worst company I've hired from...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...