UKC

NEWSFLASH: Will Bosi climbs Hubble 9a

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Oct 2016
William Bosi on Hubble, 4 kbWilliam Bosi has made a rare ascent of Hubble (9a) at Raven Tor. It has been climbed by just a handful of people since Ben Moon made the first ascent in 1990. Will is no stranger to hard limestone, becoming the youngest Brit to tick 9a earlier this year with his ascent of Rainshadow.

Read more
 kwoods 25 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

One word.. wow!
 jonathandavey 25 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

7th ascent surely?
Moon
Smith
Gaskins
McClure
Dunning
Megos
Bosi
 Fraser 25 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Effort!
 sidewinder 25 Oct 2016
In reply to jonathandavey:
> 7th ascent surely?

> Gaskins
believe Gaskins feats are now (generally) questioned
Post edited at 17:53
 stp 25 Oct 2016

8th if Rich Simpson did it. Were there any witnesses for that claim? It's fairly unusual to be at Raven Tor when no one else is around so just wondering.

It's also the first time the route has had more than one ascent in a single year.

Be interesting to know how hard he found it compared to Rainshadow.
 Pino 25 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Great performance!
But since when 9a, as only those who have not climbed it suggest it...!
 Kemics 25 Oct 2016

That's a pretty elite list to be included on! In good company
 AMorris 25 Oct 2016
In reply to sidewinder:

I don't think I have ever heard anyone genuinely question anything apart from Shadowplay and VNB (ignoring the gossip bollocks). Quite a few people have seen him climb Hubble over the years since he used it to train for Brandenburg. Even Ben Moon counts him as an ascentionist.

Huge respect to Will for his efforts!
 thommi 26 Oct 2016
In reply to sidewinder:
Nope...

Well done will.
Post edited at 07:31
 UKB Shark 26 Oct 2016
In reply to AMorris:
> I don't think I have ever heard anyone genuinely question anything apart from Shadowplay and VNB (ignoring the gossip bollocks). Quite a few people have seen him climb Hubble over the years since he used it to train for Brandenburg. Even Ben Moon counts him as an ascentionist.

To keep the facts and record straight saying "quite a few people have seen him climb Hubble over the years since he used it to train for Brandenburg" is at best misleading and more likely untrue (though I would love to be proved wrong).

The only person that saw him climb (as in redpoint) Hubble was his brother who belayed him. Others saw him on it, but not do it. If he went back on it afterwards to train for Brandenburg then that is news to me, and if he did do so then there are no eye witness accounts of him re-redpointing it as you imply.

Regarding Brandenburg he was belayed by his wife and Paul Reeve saw him get high but cant remember exactly how high and that may not even have been his best redpoint.

Those to my knowledge are the currently known facts relating to him redpointing Hubble.

Simon
Post edited at 11:34
 UKB Shark 26 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

..and well done William. Fantastic achievement. And no kneepad !
 allarms 26 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

What's he done in grit?
 Will Hunt 26 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

UKC mods, please can you set up a simple bit of code for the forum that takes any instance of "what's he done on grit" and replaces it with the text "I'm a tit". Or "I'm not funny", or "<Joke that wasn't very funny 10 years ago and certainly isn't funny now>".

Thanks.
 GrahamD 26 Oct 2016
In reply to allarms:

Have a like from me. By the way what have you done on grit ?
 Lemony 26 Oct 2016
In reply to Will Hunt:

Or just automatically give the user a 24 hour ban to think about what they've done.
 BrendanO 26 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Well-done Will!

This guy was working with a Kids' Club last weekend. Kids asked if he was "a good climber"?

I like to think that might have provided a tiny extra bit of motivation.
 stp 04 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Great little video of Will's ascent here...

youtube.com/watch?v=KU_mbM1zdI4&
 BarrySW19 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Lemony:

> Or just automatically give the user a 24 hour ban to think about what they've done.

How about updating every Stanage entry in their UKC logbook to read "TR dog"?
In reply to Will Hunt:

Very tempting...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...