UKC

Phone arm band

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Afternoon,
I'm after a recommendation for a phone arm band as there appear to be lots out there and little to differentiate them. Would ideally be water/sweat proof and the phone is a Galaxy S5 if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

Dave
 La benya 26 Oct 2016
In reply to mostly harmless:

I've previously bought a very cheap Chinese one from amazon and a reasonably expensive one from Nike. Both almost identical however the cheap one broke after 5 uses and barely fit around my bicep, the nike one is still going strong... go figure.

basically, they're all pretty much the same, but more expensive ones last.
 Dax H 26 Oct 2016

I got one for my S5 Samsung but didn't take the phone case in to account so it was a very tight fit.
The replacement is specified for a galaxy note so it takes my phone and case and has a compartment for a key, perfect when I go for a run to put the door key in.

Am I alone in thinking that people running with these look like tw*ts.
 CarbonCopy 26 Oct 2016
In reply to becauseitsthere:
Why would you think that?! I run with one but because I'm using it to listen to music, where else would i put my phone? Running gear isn't known for its pockets...

Helpful.

Dax: do you have a make, model or link?
 CarbonCopy 26 Oct 2016

Got mine from Amazon and its by 'gadgitz', neoprene and has lasted a couple of years with a lot of use. But, it's for an iPhone, they might do one for a Samsung though? My wife has one from decathlon and it's terrible!
 galpinos 26 Oct 2016

No
 nufkin 26 Oct 2016
In reply to CarbonCopy:

> Am I alone in thinking that people running with these look like tw*ts?

> Why would you think that?! I run with one but because I'm using it to listen to music

I would tentatively suggest you're answering your own question there
 La benya 27 Oct 2016
In reply to nufkin:

There's something wrong with listening to music when running now?! Fecking hell. People need to concentrate on themselves a little more rather than casting aspersions on others.
 kathrync 27 Oct 2016

I hate arm bands - I find they chafe me and I have never found one that stays put and doesn't slide down around my elbow - perhaps I just haven't found the right one yet.

I use one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Performance-Titan-Runners-Waist/dp/B00569...

Holds my phone, keys and a fiver or card and I find it much more comfortable. I use bluetooth headphones though, might be more of a pain if you are using a cable.
 SouthernSteve 27 Oct 2016
In reply to kathrync:

I use exactly the same, except I have poo bags as well and do use wired headphones (with the wire under my shirt), but only wear these when using the metronome for training. Even when using my lovely Salomon pack I have worn it to have easy access to a few things.
 TobyA 27 Oct 2016

Anywhere near a Decathlon? Theirs work fine and don't cost much. O think mine was in the bike section as they sell them to use as a cover when using as a GPS but seem identical to the running ones a few aisles down.
 dsh 27 Oct 2016
In reply to kathrync:

I use a Flip Belt, it works really well.
 Morgan Woods 27 Oct 2016
In reply to kathrync:

Never got on with those arm things so I do the same....the good thing is you also have space for water and keys.
 nufkin 27 Oct 2016
In reply to La benya:

> There's something wrong with listening to music when running now?! Fecking hell. People need to concentrate on themselves a little more rather than casting aspersions on others.

I wonder if what's happened here is a confusion between 'poking fun at musical joggers on an internet forum' and 'chasing them down in the park and dismembering them with a hatchet'?

Thanks everyone, I took a punt on the one from Amazon, will see how it goes.

Cheers

Dave
cap'nChino 02 Nov 2016

> Am I alone in thinking that people running with these look like tw*ts.

Judging by the 'likes' youre clearly not alone. But they are a great piece of kit for runners who want to have their phones on them but not have them in their shorts or a bum bag.

In answer to the OP. I bought a cheap Karrimor one from Sports Direct. It served me brilliantly for marathon training and actual marathons. It never chaffed and the phone didn't come close to falling out. Great for storing plasters and gel pack on race days too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...