UKC

Kos-kalymnos ferries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flamingsarah 29 Oct 2016

Hi, now that Aegean airlines are no longer operating their daily flights between Athens and Kalymnos... we are now looking to fly between Athens and Kos (lots of daily flights with Aegean Airlines) and ferries, as the replacement offered by Astra airlines is not as frequent and we don't want to lose the 400-odd pounds we have paid Ryanair for our stansted to Athens flights.
We will be OK getting to Kalymnos on the way out, but the return flight we have booked and the time of the connecting flight time in April means that we are left with a choice of the 6 am or the 7 am ferry! We don't fancy the 6 am if we can avoid it, so would like advice from anyone on whether the 7 am ferry is prompt/would get us to Kos in time to get to the airport for a 915 am flight the same day, or are we cutting it too fine and we should get ourselves to pothia for the 6 am ferry?

POSTED 15 HOURS AGO #
Post edited at 10:02
 jimtitt 29 Oct 2016
In reply to Flamingsarah:
"Prompt" isn£ t a word I£ ve ever associated with Greece. They will probably go on strike anyway
Post edited at 16:57
 andyb211 29 Oct 2016

6am Sarah
In reply to andyb211:

Play safe,go to kos after a days climbing on a late ferry on your last day and stump up 30€ for a night's room in masticharri
OP Flamingsarah 29 Oct 2016
In reply to freelunchprovider:

Hi, thanks guys. Reckon it's going to have to be the 6 am ferry or maybe get a room in masticharri. Note to self to definitely keep away from the climbers bar in Massouri the night before!
 nigel baker 30 Oct 2016

Also bear in mind that if it is windy the ferry doesn't sail....don't leave things to the last minute to catch flights.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 30 Oct 2016

To be honest it is the kind of thing you can worry about once you are here and have the current timetable and weather forecast,

Chris
 mike123 30 Oct 2016
After my last trip I was flying kos to Athens , Athens to stanstead with ( luckily several hour wait ). Went for the "fast" ferry ( no idea if this still runs ) to find that they had decided to change the departure time that day with no notice and no clear reason . Missed the Athens flight but agean put us on the next one at no charge , only just got the easyJet 30 minute cut off for Athens - stanstead . If it were me againI d go over The day before .
Post edited at 12:17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...