UKC

Anyone used Arcteryx Alpha Comp pants ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jaggy bunnet 29 Oct 2016
Been pondering on these for winter, how do they fare in scottish conditions and just how weatherproof are they compared to full on goretex? I hate wearing goretex on the legs, like having crisp packets on and the cut is always to suit ski boots.
In reply to jaggy bunnet:

They aren't the most wind resistant trousers out there and they aren't fully waterproof either. To be honest they are a strange hybrid of soft and hard shell which just shouldn't work but bizarrely they do.
I wore them on just about every day last winter that looked like it would be mostly dry and they coped well! If it's going to be blowing a hooly I wouldn't want them to be all I had with me but they shed snow well, they are waterproof/windproof on the dark areas where would normally associate a need for waterproofing and lighter at back of legs, groin where you are less likely to get wet and where you benefit from a far more breathable fabric.
 cliff shasby 29 Oct 2016

They are what you should expect really..for ice climbing they are perfect,just the extra protection where you need it but your able to work hard without feeling like youve been wrapped in cling film,for non rainy winter climbing days they will be fine but if you are expecting rain or high winds a full shell pant is gonna do a better job,the cut and flexibility is as good as you would expect from arcteryx.
OP jaggy bunnet 30 Oct 2016
In reply to cliff shasby:

Thanks for the info. Looks like they need to come direct from Arcteryx too, not many stockists in UK.

Try sport pursuit - they had them a while back

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...