UKC

Light weight tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dking02 29 Oct 2016
Hi, does anyone know of any super light weight tents under 1.5kg, which also have a small packsize about max 14x50, and maybe use trekking poles to support them which is cheap, under £200 i have looked at bivy bags however they don't put up that well in super wet weather and you cannot cook in them. Any suggestions ill take as long as they are lightweight and small packsize to fit in a 40litre with sleeping bag and food ect for 1/2 nights. Thankls
 DaveHK 29 Oct 2016
In reply to dking02:

If you want cheap at that weight then a Wild Country Zephyros is a safe bet.
 OwenM 29 Oct 2016
In reply to dking02:
I've been using one of these for the last year, I took it to Sarek in August and it managed ok.

https://www.tarptent.com/notch.html

It's not a mountain tent by any means but as long as your careful where you pitch it it can stand up to quite a lot. With postage and import tax it came to £185
Post edited at 21:17
 Siward 29 Oct 2016
In reply to dking02:

Try a search for trekkertent.
 leon 1 30 Oct 2016
In reply to dking02:
I am selling the Flysheet /Outer for a Syl Hexpeak V4A.Its the slightly bigger 2015 version.
It works as a very spacious one person tent Uses one trekking pole set to 140cm (the full extension of most poles) Weighs 730 grams , Pack size is 30 x 12 cms (squashes to about the size of a rolled ultralight thermarest)
Ive replaced the pegs for proper MSR Groundhog pegs
Specs are on here
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelters-1/WF129.html

Video here
youtube.com/watch?v=FKOJ2Td8f-E&
I sold the inner/nest as I found it far too claustrophobic to use and just using the outer alone gave much more livable space. It has only been used for one week but repelled some very big storms in that time without the slightest problem, seams have been sealed and its in perfect condition
Looking for £90 includes recorded post
Post edited at 09:18
NickStaff 02 Nov 2016
In reply to dking02:

yhm
MartynH 02 Nov 2016
 leon 1 02 Nov 2016
In reply to MartynH: Thanks for the bump but mine is really just a large one man tent

SenzuBean 03 Nov 2016
In reply to OwenM:

> I've been using one of these for the last year, I took it to Sarek in August and it managed ok.

> It's not a mountain tent by any means but as long as your careful where you pitch it it can stand up to quite a lot. With postage and import tax it came to £185

The Moment however only weighs slightly more and is a mountain tent. Loads of articles from people camping high on Munros with it (or the Scarp, which weighs even more). I've just beefed my Moment up for proper winter conditions using some mods a guy came up with.
 jondo 06 Nov 2016
In reply to dking02:

north face stormbreak 1 is 1.5 kg. 130$ at usa websites. (backcountry.com etc...).
though 1.5 kg for a solo tent is not considered light these days. but its very good value for the money.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...