UKC

Boots suitable for Mount Toubkal in winter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lewison 31 Oct 2016
Hi,
I am due to do a trek up Mount Toubkal over the Christmas break and was looking to invest in a new pair of boots. My Salomon GTX boots are over 10 years old now and although they take a semi-rigid crampon and I use them all winter in Wales with no problems I thought I should get the wallet out for something more up to date. I did a weeks ice climbing course in Scotland last February and hired a pair of Scarpa Mont Blancs after the first day as my boots got soaked in a stream and took 4 days to dry out in the lodge ! The Mont Blancs were very comfy and toasty but will they be overkill for the Toubkal trip ? As most of my winter weekends are spent in Snowdonia I am looking for something suitable for there but which will be ok for the odd summer Alps trip as well as this winters holiday to Toubkal. Any views on the Scarpa Manta Pro as an alternative ?
Thanks in advance.
Mark
 jezb1 31 Oct 2016
In reply to Mark Of Loxley:

I used my Sportiva Trangos, it wasn't particularly cold and you'll be moving all the time.

As always, mostly down to fit.
 woppo 31 Oct 2016

did it in scapa mantas a couple of years back and all fine, even had a half day climbing the icefalls next to the hut as well as a couple of other peaks over a 4 day hut stay in december

I did it in March mate, I had nepal evos on but there were people honestly going up in trainers with crampons strapped to them. I would say Manta pros would do the job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...