UKC

Wild Country Zero Friends - What Happened?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sanguine 02 Nov 2016
Hello Forum,

I've been really happy with my two WC Zero Friends that I got last year and was hoping to expand my rack with some more - however it seems that they are no longer available or even mentioned on the Wild Country website. Has anyone heard whether they have an update in the pipeline, as with the New Friends? I guess they were just discontinued but I haven't heard much regarding what happened in general.

In reply to sanguine:

They have stopped making them - not sure why, but probably connected with Salewa taking over Wild Country. We keep getting told they will make some more some time but personally I'm not holding by breath. A shame as I have the four biggest on my rack and really like them.
OP sanguine 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

I was hoping that you would come out and say you had found a stash in the back for sale No-one seems to even have old stock of them from what I can see. Have supplemented with Alien Evolutions, but would be nice to flesh out the Zeros all the same
 Coel Hellier 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Stephen Reid - Needle Sports:

I also like the zeros. I was told, I guess more of a rumour, that they were discontinued because they were not selling that well compared to the competition -- do you think that's true?
 ianstevens 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Coel Hellier:

Yes, quite probably. The "feel" (subjective, I know) of them compared to other micro cams is just not as good IMO. The heads are also quite wide (as they have 4 lobes) which can limit their placement in small pockets.
OP sanguine 03 Nov 2016
In reply to sanguine:

Has anyone seen them in stock anywhere recently? Can't seem to source them except for somewhere in Australia - sod that for shipping.
 Mr. Lee 03 Nov 2016
In reply to sanguine:

I bought a couple from the US earlier this year. By that point they were already sold out in most sizes in the UK. Even in the US most places in the US were also sold out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...