UKC

Chris Hoy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 02 Nov 2016
What a really top bloke he is. Every time I see him, or hear what he has to say I'm more impressed by his decency. Good candidate for the House of Lords if he was interested, similar to Tanni Grey Thompson.
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
I loved his video with Danny Macaskill and his commentary on the cycling during the Rio Olympics was superb - someone who has successfully made the transfer from competitor to ambassador for his sport.
OP Yanis Nayu 02 Nov 2016
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Haven't seen the video, but he was superb at the Olympics. He was quite active on Twitter, painstakingly replying to people's queries about the sport. A true role model.
 elsewhere 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
A colleague said Hoy turned up for a young kids cycling race. The colleague said every child got their arm, helmet, jersey and bike signed plus he posed for photos with them.

A real decent bloke.

PS why do you mention him today? What's he been up to?
Post edited at 20:48
OP Yanis Nayu 02 Nov 2016
In reply to elsewhere:

He was on the One Show, which is what prompted me, but it was more about he came across doing the Rio Olympics and the Le Mans programme he did.
Wulfrunian 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Never been one to have 'heroes', sporting ones or otherwise. However, I do make an exception for Mr. Hoy. Top bloke indeed.
Removed User 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

He should be in there for the girth of his thighs alone?
 felt 02 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

In the What jobs do pro cyclists look like they do? thread a while back someone put "High street butcher" for Chris Hoy, which gets at the same sort of honest reliability you're mentioning.
 Steve Perry 03 Nov 2016
In reply to felt:

> In the What jobs do pro cyclists look like they do? thread a while back someone put "High street butcher" for Chris Hoy, which gets at the same sort of honest reliability you're mentioning.

So you wouldn't expect him to sell "special stuff?"
OP Yanis Nayu 03 Nov 2016
In reply to felt:

> In the What jobs do pro cyclists look like they do? thread a while back someone put "High street butcher" for Chris Hoy, which gets at the same sort of honest reliability you're mentioning.

There's a reason I can't tell you about why that is deeply ironic on today of all days.
 GrahamD 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

There is a good chapter on him in Gerraint Thomas' book. How he mentored the newcomers into the GB squad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...