UKC

Ruspidge slab quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 03 Nov 2016
Anyone know what the trickly bolted route on the far left? 9 bolts atleast straight up? Also the bolted 3 routes on the far right of the slab, circa 5,2,3 bolts respectively. Think I logged these correct?
Thanks

Great quarry, and DEFINITELY worth a visit!
 Asher Collins 03 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

The furthest left is Phlebitis but it sounds like you're describing Rain Shadow (6 bolts).

The far right of the slab (from right) is Acid Rain, Rain Maker and Rain Dance.

It's in the Symonds Yet guide (2010) if you have a copy around.
OP zimpara 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Asher Collins:

Thanks! I don't have the guide.
It was probably 6 bolts, Most left handed heading straight up to a 2 bolt belay with wierd plates welded on them? A few lines breaking off right, just after the start.

In reply to zimpara:

No worries mate.

If it had a couple of lines going right then it was probably Eczema not Rain Shadow. The belay sounds about right to me.

It's a pretty decent quarry especially if you like slab climbing (I do). Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head (rising traverse of the whole slab) is well worth climbing next time you're there. Just don't climb No Use Crying in the quarry below, absolute choss nightmare of a severe!
OP zimpara 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Asher Collins:

What a great place! Good climbing.
Thanks for info
In reply to zimpara:

Yeah I like it! No problem, I recommend the guide if you climb around there regularly (think they have copies in The Warehouse) .
 alan moore 03 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Is it still really referred to as "Ruspidge Slab Quarry"?

It's real name is Shakemantle Quarry; it was written on the sides of the lorries that used to work out of there.

I thought one of the more recent guides had put that right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...