UKC

One Extremely Shiny Shoe From Resoler?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Charlie Low 03 Nov 2016
I just got my shoes back from the resoler - one looks like I would expect it to, but one is completely shiny on the bottom!! Looks like it won't stick on anything!!

Has the job just been half finished?

http://m.imgur.com/IqRjtoq?r
 Dark-Cloud 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

Erm, doesn't look like he's done both of them !!
 Mark1800 03 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

It just looks like the re-soler forgot to sand the shiny one? nothing a little bit of elbow grease wouldn't solve

(casual observations from somebody with no experience in the field)
In reply to Charlie Low:

He's given you the 'F1 Super Slick' finish, you get insane grip but you have to speed climb all the time.
 Jack_Lewin 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

I was told once that manufacturers only sand the bottom of the shoes as people wouldn't buy them if they were smooth thinking there was no grip.

As mentioned above, an F1 car has no tred. Strange that they don't match though.
 IPPurewater 05 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

The shape of the two soles look rather different. I think that may be more important.
 timjones 05 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

> I just got my shoes back from the resoler - one looks like I would expect it to, but one is completely shiny on the bottom!! Looks like it won't stick on anything!!

> Has the job just been half finished?

Shift your arse and try climbing in them. It'll provide a far better answer than posting a question online
 Trangia 05 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

Go to your nearest crag. Slip off (1 ft is far enough), claim whiplash and psychological trauma and sue them for thousands of pounds.........
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

> He's given you the 'F1 Super Slick' finish, you get insane grip but you have to speed climb all the time.

Unless the virtual safety climber is out.
 Mr. Lee 05 Nov 2016
In reply to Charlie Low:

It looks pretty poor workmanship from the photo. My guess is either they've forgot to sand the left one in the photo or the rubber has spent too long in the oven prior to application, or the oven was too hot. Looks a classic case of one person doing one shoe and someone else doing the other! If it was me then I'd contact the shoe repairer as it looks substandard.
In reply to Charlie Low: Have you done the obvious thing and asked the resoler?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...