UKC

Most climbed routes in the world?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zimpara 04 Nov 2016
Trying to find the most climbed and then logged routes in the world.

Arete des Cosmiques (AD 3) Is pretty high up there
Flying Buttress (HVD 4a)

Any other famous ones? Like thousands of ticks on UKC?
 GrahamD 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Mount Snowdon
OP zimpara 04 Nov 2016
In reply to GrahamD:

I'm gonna discount that one because it is at altitude.
 planetmarshall 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

> Any other famous ones? Like thousands of ticks on UKC?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/graphs.html#top20climbs

JJL 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Christmas Crack
Little Chamonix
 swmackey 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

According to Rockfax the most climbed route in the N Wales guidebook is 'one step in the clouds'

Not exactly international but popular
 TheFasting 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:
Preikestolen in Norway gets about 300 000 visitors a year. 7000 in one day this summef. IIRC it's about 1.5 hours walk one way. Depends on how we define "climbed" I guess.
Post edited at 15:44
 d_b 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

All the routes on Idwal Slabs have to be high on the list.
 DerwentDiluted 04 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:
If you count downclimbs then I bet Isometric Chimney (2a) would be a contender. I've done it about 20 times myself and watched once as it received about 30 descents in half as many minutes.
Not many UKC logs but is that the only criteria?
Post edited at 16:02
 Chris the Tall 04 Nov 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

Amazed to see that Little Chamonix has now overtaken all the popular routes on Stanage. I'm sure when that list was first created the top 20 were all gritstone, which is why the need for the non-gritstone list

Due to the easy access to the crag, the simplicity of climbing the routes and the population centres nearby I'd have thought that few routes in the world could match these for number of ascents, unless we include hill-walking

Maybe some of the more popular VFs in the dolomites like Brigata Tridentina (VF) (VF3B) - only 200 UKC ticks, but you could easily get that many people climbing it in one day
 Dave Garnett 04 Nov 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

I am frequently surprised by the classic routes that I seem to have missed in the last four decades. I don't know whether to be reassured to find I've only missed one out of the top 40 in those lists or depressed that I'm so predictable.

Cemetery Gates, in case anyone was wondering, which is pretty shocking, I know.
 alan moore 04 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave Garnett:

> I don't know whether to be reassured to find I've only missed one out of the top 40 in those lists or depressed that I'm so predictable.

> Cemetery Gates, in case anyone was wondering, which is pretty shocking, I know.

Same!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...