UKC

A six day hike in the Swiss Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 05 Nov 2016
At the end of October I flew into Geneva for what would probably be my final fling of the year and went for a six day hike through the Vaud Alps in Switzerland. I was pretty lucky with the weather (a couple of days rain) and really enjoyed the whole experience. It was a bit tough to look at the higher mountains and not be able to climb them (no crampons or axe) but the Alps are still really special. The story in full here...http://howlingmist.blogspot.ie/2016/11/six-days-hiking-in-vaud-alps-switzer...
Stephen
 sheeny 05 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:
enjoy your blogs, you mentioned an eagle, the bird in the picture looks like a lammergeier, better tick than an eagle!
OP goatee 05 Nov 2016
In reply to sheeny:

Thanks for that Sheeny. Whatever it was it was mightily impressive.
 alasdair19 06 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:

enjoyed that. I'm afraid the skiing is big business there and can be excellent particularly off piste using the helpful Swiss buses when you hit tarmac...
 Pyreneenemec 16 Nov 2016
In reply to goatee:

Another great blog entry !

I was in Ireland the last week of October ( on the Mizen peninsula). Guess what ? We didn't have a single drop of rain all week ! It was even warm enough ( 17°C) to enjoy a pint and the obligatory crab sandwiches outside at O'Sullivan's Bar in Crookhaven.

It was mainly a fishing holiday and even if the results weren't spectacular I managed 8 species of fish : codling, bass, pollack, mackerel, flounder, plaice, dogfish and sea-trout! The calm weather kept the mackerel inshore and it was great having a BBQ so late in the year. Nothing tastes a s good as freshly caught mackerel simply grilled !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...