UKC

Further Advice on TMB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 06 Nov 2016
Further to my earlier post about my thoughts of doing the TMB post chemo. I went on to a web site earlier today for a company that do self guided TMB treks as well as baggage transfers.

On a "Live Chat" I told them that I was keen to do the TMB but was making various enquiries. I mentioned being two and a half years post chemo and also mentioned my age.

Their response threw me a bit. It was along the lines "In view of your medical history we don't think you should be doing this but you should consider doing the Camino de Santiago de Compostella.

Just wondering if they thought I needed some sort of spiritual journey. :0{
 zimpara 06 Nov 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

I wouldn't of said that. Perhaps they are simply taking elevation profiles into consideration?
OP mypyrex 06 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

> I wouldn't HAVE said that. Perhaps they are simply taking elevation profiles into consideration?

or just being a bit presumptuous
 zimpara 06 Nov 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

Perhaps* is my favourite word funnily enough.

From the other thread which I took great interest in, I wouldn't see the need to inform them tbh.
Call someone else and get it booked? Go on!

I think a bit of spirituality goes a long way too, have you seen the film about it? My way or something iirc? which is why the camino is on my list after the TMB.
Good luck
OP mypyrex 06 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:
> Perhaps* is my favourite word funnily enough.

> From the other thread which I took great interest in, I wouldn't see the need to inform them tbh.

> Call someone else and get it booked? Go on!

I'm probably going to do it solo.

> I think a bit of spirituality goes a long way too, have you seen the film about it? My way or something iirc? which is why the camino is on my list after the TMB.
"The Way" - excellent film with Martin Sheen. I enjoyed seeing some of the actual locations like St Jean Pied de Port having been there a few times.
On my list as well.

> Good luck
Thank you.
Post edited at 21:11
 zimpara 06 Nov 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

When are you thinking?
OP mypyrex 06 Nov 2016
In reply to zimpara:

Which? TMB or Camino?
TMB somewhen July - September next year. Not sure about Camino
m0unt41n 10 Nov 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

Give them a chance.

Just bear in mind that they have no idea how you have coped with Chemo, how fit you are, whether you have any experience or idea about doing a trek.

Anyhow the effect of Chemo can vary enormously, I’m stage 4 cancer but I am fine in chemo and look fit and healthy yet others can be fragile and weak.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...