UKC

Salus ert20rf

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Lozj91 09 Nov 2016
I have a salus ert20rf wireless thermostat dial. Problem is I need to replace the batteries everyday. I had to put new ones in last night as it wouldn't come on, then woke up this morning and it wouldn't work again. Any ideas why it's doing this please? It's been like it for around 2 weeks where I'm putting new batteries in everyday.
 gethin_allen 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Lozj91:

If you turn the dial back and forth does it click as it passes the ambient temperature?
If it did and now doesn't then my guess is that the bi-metalic disc has failed and as a result it's constantly trying to send info to the receiver on the boiler and that's why it's eating batteries.
This really is academic as it's obviously broken and you can't keep feeding it batteries; you'll end up spendig more on batteries than on gas to heat the house.
If you are otherwise happy with the thermostat and it's lasted a reasonable time your cheapest option would be to buy another of the identical items (£38 on E-bay) and just set the jumpers on the back to the same as your current setup so you don't need to change anything at the boiler end.
richyfenn 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Lozj91:

I had a Salus wireless programmable thermostat (model ?) and while for the most part it worked well, there would be periods of days or weeks when it would regularly not turn the heating off (it always came on fine). The thermostat apparently sent the 'off' signal but the message didn't seem to be received, I had to turn the receiver off and on again. I tried the batteries, moving both the receiver and thermostat, also changing the wireless channels. I resorted to buying new one of a different and more expensive make. When I was looking I found others had the same kind of issues with the Salus.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...