UKC

iPad issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 09 Nov 2016
I sometimes use my daughters iPad but a REALLY REALLY annoying habit it has is the moment it goes to sleep even for a second it switches of the WiFi meaning I have to manually reconnect it each time.

Is there a way to force it to stay connected even when asleep?
Thanks
 marsbar 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Indy:

Not very helpful answer, I don't know how to change that, but it must be possible because mine doesn't do that.
OP Indy 09 Nov 2016
In reply to marsbar:

Thanks at least it's good to know that it isn't an Apple mandated rule. All my other Apple devices do it inc. MBP
 MeMeMe 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Indy:

They should disconnect on sleep but do they not re-connect automatically?
So it'll take a few seconds but you shouldn't have to do anything manually...
 The Lemming 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Indy:

Its all Trumps fault. One big conspiracy to make Apple great again.

Back in the real world, I have a Google Pixel tablet. When I first got my tablet it would randomly shut down and re-boot. It just happened once or twice a day. A quick google search said that it was a fault with some Pixel tablets and the only way to fix the issue was to get a replacement.

So, I contacted Google and sure enough, with no arguments or attempts to wriggle google sent me a replacement tablet that day.

Since my replacement, I have never had an issue what so ever. I know that my tablet is android and not apple, but maybe you could contact apple for a replacement?

If apple get argumentative, you could check out the Consumer Rights act 2015.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act
 mrphilipoldham 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Indy:

It's a power saving feature, wifi is quite hungry in that respect. I think it'll stay connected if it's downloading something (podcast, app updates etc) but then disconnect when finished. You shouldn't need to manually reconnect though, it should remember networks unless you specifically tell it to 'forget' it each time.
Jimbocz 09 Nov 2016
In reply to Indy:

Just FYI, we have multiple apple devices in our house and none has ever had that problem. I'd look at the router settings and/or call your ISP to see if there's a known issue with your router.

Of course, you could stop it from going to sleep altogether and just turn it off manually, or increase the time before it automatically goes to sleep to a large number so that it doesn't happen often.

I had a time when my iPad was causing random trouble and I thought I needed to sell it and upgrade. I ended up doing a complete wipe of the whole thing and now it works great. It was painless to reload everything as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...