UKC

Rock climbing in Northern Italy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 euanmci 12 Nov 2016
I'm trying to organise a trip next year to the alps for a largish group of people. I'm looking at the Italian side of Monta Rosa i.e, the Breuil-Cervinia, Frachey, Staffal, Alagna Valsesia valleys. There's obviously lots of alpine around that area but does anyone know what the sport/trad/bouldering/via feratta options in those valleys are like? And if anyone has any cheap and group friendly campsite suggestions?
OP euanmci 17 Nov 2016
In reply to euanmci:

Anyone?
 tjekel 17 Nov 2016
In reply to euanmci:

probably not up to date, but there was a guidebook called Mani Nude that covered areas around Aosta Valley and also inluded crags leading north from there to the areas you mention.
 Andy Say 18 Nov 2016
In reply to euanmci:

Versante Sud guide - Arrampicate Sportive e Moderne in Ossolo e Valsesia fits your bill. Crags from Alagna down to Gattinara and also from Verbania up beyond Dommodossola. I'd recommend Premia and Croveo in the latter area. Up the Valsermenza (round Rimasco, E of Alagna) I recall Falesia Ronco as nice in a wooded gritstone sort of style.

There's at least one enormous campsite at Alagna (as you would expect). I've stayed here - https://www.camperlife.it/aree-di-sosta/italia/rimasco-vercelli-piemonte-ar... - small and quiet.
 Dave Rumney 18 Nov 2016
In reply to euanmci:

I don't have it with me right now to check, but Mani Nude 2 covers the Aosta valley and most of the subsidiary valleys for Rock Climbing. It's a fairly recent guidebook as far as I can remember.
 Andy Say 18 Nov 2016
In reply to euanmci:

Euan,

Obviously you will have to scrap your plans and go to Aosta
cb294 18 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave Rumney:

Another vote for Mani nude 2,

CB
 Casa Alfredino 18 Nov 2016
In reply to euanmci:

Dolomites and Val di Mello. Dolomites is a bit weaker on the Bouldering and Mello is weak on the VF. But both are outrageously good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...