UKC

Farage meets Trump

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 13 Nov 2016
Our representative in Washington is naughty Nigel, i'm so proud.
 Derry 14 Nov 2016
In reply to pasbury:

Not our rep. Just a like minded baffoon invited over to compare notes on 'absurd ways to con a nation'
In reply to Derry:

> Not our rep. Just a like minded baffoon invited over to compare notes on 'absurd ways to con a nation'

Perhaps not as absurd as actually falling for it though?
 DerwentDiluted 14 Nov 2016
In reply to pasbury:

It's a special relationship.
 colinakmc 14 Nov 2016
In reply to pasbury:

He's an obsequious brown nosing little s**tbag who represents no-one but himself. He ought to be in tne Tower of London.
 Xharlie 14 Nov 2016
In reply to DerwentDiluted:
True... but if Trump gets used to the idea that he can treat his old mate Nigel as the sole representitive of the UK to the US Presidency, there'll be not a damned thing we democratic voters can do about it. Farage will get the position, possibly even officially.

This new generation of nobles are finding ways to rule. This time, they're free of all obligation to the little folk, except that to pacify them with nationalist fervor and consumerism and, subsequently, to mislead these sheep with lies and manipulative plays on their fears.
Post edited at 09:14
 RomTheBear 14 Nov 2016
In reply to Xharlie:
> True... but if Trump gets used to the idea that he can treat his old mate Nigel as the sole representitive of the UK to the US Presidency, there'll be not a damned thing we democratic voters can do about it. Farage will get the position, possibly even officially.

> This new generation of nobles are finding ways to rule. This time, they're free of all obligation to the little folk, except that to pacify them with nationalist fervor and consumerism and, subsequently, to mislead these sheep with lies and manipulative plays on their fears.

Farage will be next PM anyway, won't he ?
Post edited at 09:20
In reply to pasbury: It's brilliant. These two are running rings round the establishment, and even though I consider them both to be liars and dickheads, it's pretty impressive stuff. They must be pissing themselves.

Chris the Tall 14 Nov 2016
In reply to Xharlie:

> True... but if Trump gets used to the idea that he can treat his old mate Nigel as the sole representitive of the UK to the US Presidency, there'll be not a damned thing we democratic voters can do about it. Farage will get the position, possibly even officially.

Not sure he'll be the sole representative - didn't Trump call Katie Hopkins "a respected journalist" ? She'll be quite happy to tell him what he wants to hear

Dave Garnett 14 Nov 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Yes, what we need is the voice of reason:

http://cogink.com/cleese/

Mike Stretford 14 Nov 2016

> It's brilliant. These two are running rings round the establishment,

You've fallen for the myth of our times. James Comey is part of the establishment, Rupert Murdoch is part of the establishment, as is Rudy Guilliani, Newt Gingrich ect.

This year we've seen quite dramatic shifts in power within 'the establishment'.... it's interesting how so many people are willing to believe what they want to be the case, some outsider sticking it to the man, when so clearly that isn't the case.

CurlyStevo 14 Nov 2016

Lets face it both are part of the elite in one way or another.
 Pete Pozman 14 Nov 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I'd like to believe you have to have some elite qualities to be part of the elite. Biff Tannen and his slimy acolyte now bestride the civilised world like shitten colossi , entirely because people are not elite enough.
 SChriscoli 14 Nov 2016
In reply to Dave Garnett:

What an absolute legend.
 squarepeg 14 Nov 2016
In reply to pasbury:

You know it might be worth considering that Trump was the peoples choice, as was Brexit.
Though personally I detest Trump.
 Rob Exile Ward 14 Nov 2016
In reply to squarepeg:

Do you know what? If I had 3 billion dollars mostly inherited from my Dad and was prepared to tell big enough lies I reckon I could become 'the people's choice' too.
 Derry 14 Nov 2016
In reply to squarepeg:

> You know it might be worth considering that Trump was the peoples choice, as was Brexit.

> Though personally I detest Trump.

Except that Hillary actually won the popular vote ie greater % of actual votes not the electoral college votes.
So perhaps not the peoples choice
In reply to squarepeg:
> You know it might be worth considering that Trump was the peoples choice, as was Brexit.

By "the peoples choice" do you mean the choice of 51.8% of the people?
Post edited at 07:37
 deepsoup 15 Nov 2016
In reply to Rylstone_Cowboy:
> By "the peoples choice" do you mean the choice of 51.8% of the people?

51.9% of those who voted. 37.4% of the electorate. 27.0% of "the people".
pasbury 15 Nov 2016
In reply to squarepeg:

Of course; in both cases the people were manipulated by lies and appeal to base instincts into making a very stupid decision.

Pete Pozman 15 Nov 2016
In reply to deepsoup:

This is a very important point regarding Democracy. It behoves the winning party not to totally ignore the losing voters, especially when the majority is small. A win of just over half should not result in an untrammelled dominance. Brexit are constantly citing "the will of the people". If the American election were a referendum then Clinton would be heading for the White House, not Trump, on very similar terms to the victory of Remain.
Of course that's not the system. But inherent in the system is an obligation for election victors to then govern for all the people. Trump should have a mind to the expressed wishes of the majority of voters, as should May have due regard to the expressed wish of almost half of voters here. In the latter case the size of the vote should clearly affect the kind of Brexit we negotiate.
A truly corrupt system would be "winner takes all".
I would be saying that either way.
In reply to Pete Pozman:

... and the 'home' of our democracy is Parliament. Every stage of Brexit must now be referred to Parliament.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...