/ Looking for Winter Climbing Partner?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L HarrisonConnie1996 - on 15 Nov 2016
Hey! Looking for a climbing partner for this coming winter?

Not really in with other climbers as indoor walls aren't really my bag and all my regular pals are more hillwalkers!

I've got a few years experience under my belt, done bits and pieces in the Alps, got loads of kit, super keen to push my grade (currently II/III) this winter!

I'm 20, based in Glasgow and I don't drive (typical I know!) - get in touch if your interested in teaming up!
Wildabeast - on 15 Nov 2016
In reply to HarrisonConnie1996:

Hey, what you done in alps? Have you any winter experience, mixed, ice etc?
In reply to Wildabeast:

Hey - Thanks for getting in touch!

Yea I've been going to the Alps pretty much every summer since I was 17. A mixture of guided and self led trips around Arolla & Chamonix - Was out in August which was ace!
Relatively competent and I'd say I'm comfortable leading PD+ and Maybe some easier AD routes.

My Scottish winter experience is a similar story, but in all honesty I've done more Alpine stuff than I have actual "Scottish winter climbing" - Relatively competent and easy going, led a few bits and pieces but nothing that demanding - Dorsal Arete for example!

Would be nice to get out with some actual climbers and get some good routes done rather than being held back by my usual hillwalking/scrambling pals!

Are you in Facebook? Looks like our skills sort of match.
In reply to Wildabeast:

Yea I'm on Facebook - Harrison Connie (You should see my profile picture - Climbing helmet and sun glasses)

Give me a shout and we can chat - Would be nice to get out with someone around the same skill level so I'm not just getting dragged!

messaged
JFT - on 24 Nov 2016

Hey Harrison

I've two seasons of winter walking under my belt and after doing Glenmore Lodge's Winter Mountaineering course last feb I progressed to soloing a bunch of easy winter climbs (look at my logbook to get an idea).

I am really keen this winter to progress to pitching routes and getting some classic lines done. I'm hopefully spending the weekend with a trainee MIC in Jan but I'd love to meet, and get out with folk a little more experienced than me to second and progress with. I've a basic rack, rope and a car with a huge boot!

Let me know if you're interested in a chat

Jim
L HarrisonConnie1996 - on 24 Nov 2016
In reply to JFT:

Hi Jim,

I'm very much in the same boat and very week to get out doing more "winter climbing" routes as my regular pals are more hillwalkers and that just doesn't float my boat anymore to be honest!

I've done loads of winter hillwalking and some easy winter climbs such as Dorsal Arete & Aonach Eagach - Looking to push my grade. Currently comfortable leading at II but want to try some harder stuff - Got a full winter rack and a 60m single rope.

Text me (07786786885) if you're keen to get out this weekend - I've seen worse forecasts and there is plenty snow around! Might still be too early for classic gullies but certainly ridge routes should be fine.
JFT - on 24 Nov 2016

Dropped you a message on WhatsApp
chris687 - on 24 Nov 2016

If anyone wants to get out then send me a message. I'm free pretty much all winter and pretty well rounded as a climber, mostly alpine and Scandinavian winter experience so i really want to get loads of Scottish stuff done this year. I'm based in the south but have a van and will travel.
fizzicist - on 26 Nov 2016
Hi - Just found this thread and was hoping to join the party!
Im probably relatively junior in this conversation, but ive done a few winter days in Scotland - seconded up dorsal on my first day, and have quite a bit of winter walking, solo'd Fiaciall ridge in the Gorms with some folks, did a JCMT alpine skills course in the alps this summer, have a good level of fitness as i'm a fell runner/runner and have all my own kit except for the ice screws which i'm happy to get one or two if they'll get used, and have a summer rack. Worked a bit in the indoor ice wall and climbing wall and trad climb a bit in the summer so rope work is good. Based in Glasgow, I drive, but its a Berlingo van so only 2 seats but buckets of room for kit :P.

Would love to get out on some pitched routes this winter, and don't have a regular-hours job so i'm free a lot on weekdays as well.

Looking to do my WML training if i can in the spring, but having said that, if i don't get the days in but had a cracking winter climbing ... so be it

Please get in touch if it sounds like I can join in
Rach
p.s. forgot to mention that i have a logbook on here, but due to DLOG faff and stuff its not very up to date as ive been using an external spreadsheet so dont judge it just on that! lol! ill update it asap!
Post edited at 11:16
jackob - on 26 Nov 2016

Im a similar standard, done my fair share of alpine climbing but not so much scottish winter but looking to get up over this winter. Im actually planning on climbing somewhere in scotland from the 2nd to the 5th if that tickles your fancy?
mrbird on 27 Nov 2016

I'm keen to get out too folks. Leading IVs seconded higher. Happy to take someone up IIIS etc. Feel free to give me a shout.

Cheers,

David

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.