UKC

Anyone bought anything from Sportpursuit.com?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 15 Nov 2016
They have things like half priced Arc'Teryx coats amongst a huge range of other things... I feel like there must be some catch. Anyone bought anything from here?

I checked a couple of the coats and you can buy them else where for £600 and on that website they are half that.

You have to register before you can see what they sell but then it just looks like a normal online shop.

coolhand 15 Nov 2016
In reply to elliot.baker:

I've bought a few things from them, all been completely fine. They used to take ages to deliver but that seems to have sped up a bit recently.

It's a mix of unheard of euro/scandy brands and some end-of-line kit from more famous names. In some cases it's samples, so they can vary a little from production models. I picked up an Arc'teryx Fortrez jacket last week, and it had the big 'sample' label on it, but it's perfectly good.
 Lemony 15 Nov 2016

They sell off overstock, they're completely legit and were the bright new stars of outdoor retail a few years back.
 nutme 15 Nov 2016

Long deliveries sometime are because they take orders from UK customers and only after sales end order in bulk from warehouse.

I have ordered from them 5 times now. Including rock shoes. Was generally happy, only once had to return because size was wrong. It was stated "Small" was supposed to be 38, but was more like 36. Had to pay for return myself.
Post edited at 11:52
 Jamie Hageman 15 Nov 2016
Yep, they're great! I had to sign out as they send you lists of all their new gear every few days, and I was starting to go a bit mad with purchases! Bergzeit is another good website to look at. They've got Petzl Meteor 4s for £39 and other very good deals.
Post edited at 12:06
 BobtheBagger 15 Nov 2016
Yes the stuff is certainly legit, and usually for very good discounts. As another post says, generally they order the goods only once the sale closing dates expires, so yes you may have to wait three weeks before receiving your order. Other sales are presumably them selling off returns, so these are very limited in size and colour options, but will come within a couple of days. Some brands (Arc'Teryx for example) sell off their samples occasionally, so most of the options are for size Medium only, others may be selling off older stock, so this will be what they are left with, which is often lots of Small or XXL or bigger. No risk to you, they even offer free returns now if you pay by PayPal.
Post edited at 12:06
 benp1 15 Nov 2016
In reply to BobtheBagger:
Also ordered a fair bit from them, always good and legit. Excellent pricing, but there's a lot of chaff on there

I think the free returns via PayPal is a time limited thing, end of this year maybe?

It's worth noting that you don't get free delivery, even on a big order. But the pricing is probably reflective of that

Post edited at 14:15
 Glyno 15 Nov 2016

Good, and not so good.

I've ordered from them a few times and had great products at great prices.

I did however have a long protracted ordeal when I wanted to return a faulty item a while back which involved a fair bit of BS. It was eventually sorted when the complaint was escalated.
Maybe I was just a bit unlucky that the wrong person received the returns request.
 Neil Williams 15 Nov 2016

I've used them. I've also done returns where I ordered incorrectly and they've done that quickly enough too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...